Pennsylvania-Central

Hey PSU ladies, I need dress shop recommendations!

hey ladies, I will be in state college for the PSU ohio game state game and I really need some dress shop recommendations! I will be meeting my mom up there so it will be a perfect time to start looking! TIA

Re: Hey PSU ladies, I need dress shop recommendations!

• edited December 2011
    I haven't actually been to any of them, but I've heard great things about Formalities. They have a website. Also, F*** OHIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=)
  • tbr0914tbr0914 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to all of them in State College: Formalities:  Great place!  The owner and everyone in the store is very helpful and honest about what is in your price range and looks good on you.  You are able to just look at the dresses without people all over you.  They have a good selection of Maggie, Casablanca and others.  I have gotten my prom dresses from there, my sister got her wedding dress there, and my mom got a dress for my sisters wedding there.  Great place!! Diamonds & Lace: My first wedding dress experience and I did not like it!  They only had one girl working there on a Sat afternoon and she was not helpful at all.  I could not find one dress that I liked there and was not impressed with the service. Just my opinion.Simply Elegant Gowns (by Wegmans): This place is great too.  The store is very nice, although I don't feel like they had as big of a selection as Formalities (but that could have changed).  The staff is great, very nice.  They hvae a lot of nice gowns on their sale racks for great prices.  Same price range as Formalities. They are helpful and right there for you without being pushy.  They also have a great selection of bridesmaid gowns.Hope this helps, good luck!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about your Diamonds and Lace experience! I got my dress at Diamonds and Lace, and thought the girls were wonderful. It's much busier on a weekend, of course, but when I did go they had lots of girls there to help. If possible I go on weekdays, when its just the owner. She's great.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • stace1814stace1814 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All of the staff at the shops around here are very friendly and nice from my experience.  Formalities in Bellefonte has the best prices that you will find anywhere near here, and I recommend that overall.  If you need to stay in town then Simply Elegant and Diamonds and Lace are closer though.
  • billysgirl07billysgirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Formalities is fantastic!  Tracina is just a doll.  They recently (well, w/in a year or so) moved into a new, much larger location (an old church).Diamond & Lace also recently changed hands and is in Lemont now.  I haven't experienced it since the new owner (I think that her name is Diana) took over but they always have very nice dresses in the window when I drive past.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you guys so much I will definitely be checking these places out! PS- WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the game!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I absolutely loved Diamonds and Lace. Diana, the owner, is phenomenal. I know they get very busy on football weekends, so no matter where you go, you may want to call and schedule an appointment. I personally found that she had the best prices and the best service. When I went to Formalities, they only had one person working, and she was not very helpful or pleasant. The store was also pretty dirty. I was there for about two minutes and knew that I did not want to purchase a white gown in a place that had so much dirt!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards