Connecticut
Options

totally bummed :(

my MOH told me today that she has to drop out of my wedding, because she is due with her first baby May 3rd, my wedding is May 15th, and so she isn't sure if she'd make it.  I'm so happy for her, but so sad she won't be in my wedding.  I can't picture it without her :,(

Re: totally bummed :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww. I myself wouldn't want to buy a dress, etc. knowing that there's a chance I wouldn't be able to go. Maybe you can have her do a reading? If you find out the day before or something you can ask someone else??
    Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It stinks that she won't be able to be involved.  Just be happy for her, and I think asking her to do a reading if she is able would be great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I Totally can relate to you bumming about this! My one and only sister is my MOH and she let me know she was pregnant and due the same month as my wedding, about 3 days off from our date. She is in NY and therefore wouldn't be able to travel out of state. We ended up forging our $2000 deposit, (already bought invitations etc) and picking a new venue and later date just so we could accomodate her being there for me. It could be worse right?!
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is a bummer. Can you still keep her as MOH though? Just tell her that even though she can't make it, she'll always be your MOH. She can be listed as honorary MOH in the program. This way, she's still a part of the day even if she can't be there.
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree with banana! She can totally be mentioned & honored!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Erin&MikeyErin&Mikey member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great idea, I will definitely mention her in the program.  It'll be a last minute decision for her to be a reader, obviously depending on the timing of the little one!  I think I'm taking this really hard because my Mom is battling leukemia and will be getting a bone marrow transplant soon, and it's up in the air if she'll be well enough or out of the hospital to even make it to my wedding.  So thinking of her not being there and now my best friend, is crushing.  Thanks for the ideas and support ladies :)
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And assuming she has a typical pregnancy and doesn't require extensive bed rest, as long as she lives somewhat close to you, she can totally be involved if she wants to be.If I was pregnant and I had to say that I couldn't commit to being the MOH and there on the big day, I'd still throw a shower and try to throw a bachelorette.  Hey, I'd even be the DD!
  • Options
    jepm1129jepm1129 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Erin&Mikey, I'm so sorry you are going through all this.  I'm sure your MOH will still do everything she can to be a part of the wedding, even if she won't be standing next to you. I can relate to your mother situation too; I know it is so, so hard.  My Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer over a year ago, and although she is doing very well, the worst is always in the back of my mind.  Every time she had a PET scan over the summer, I prepared myself to cancel with the venue and do something else for wedding if we got bad news.  She is starting a "maintenance" chemo tomorrow because there's a lymph node that has gotten bigger since she ended regular chemo in February, but nothing in her lungs has grown.I hope everything with your mother goes well, and that she is able to be at your wedding.  Good luck with everything! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards