Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

"Mini" moon

For those of you who did a "minimoon" instead of a honeymoon after the wedding, where did you go and what did you do?I'm trying to get ideas here.  Thanks! :)

Re: "Mini" moon

• hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We waiting until the week after the wedding and then checked out last minute deals.  We ended up going to Washington DC for three nights for $350/person.  The hotel Palamar was fantastic, and they even upgraded us to a top floor room with a view of the Patomic for free since it was our honeymoon.  We ate at a couple of fancy restaurants and did the museums during the day.  At night, we took a free walking tour of the monuments that was really nice.  Maybe not your traditional honeymoon, but we love doing and learning things together.  Next year, we plan on going to New Zealand.
  • jaramlerjaramler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a great idea!  Where did you look for the last minute deals?  Online or through a travel agent?
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we went to my parents' cabin :)
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went online.  I'm not sure which site DH used, but it was likely lastminutedeals.com or cheapflights.com.
  • edited December 2011
    We went up to Duluth and spent three nights at an incredible b&b - http://www.solglimt.com/index.php - and it was wonderful.
  • edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Eagle Ridge Resort in Lutsen. It was winter so our activities included a nighttime sleigh ride, dog sledding, and couples massages. Other than that, we just hung around the hotel and enjoyed the pool and the hot tub. http://weddings.theknot.com/Honeymoons/49887/view.aspx?id=49887&type=16&keywords=187&ps=12&keep=430114752 There's lots to do in that area during the other seasons as well-they have a whole activities page if you search for it on google.
  • periippaperiippa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woohoo for mini-moons to DC! ;)We're doing ours up at Bluefin Bay. I heard someone on here (I forget who!) rave about how great it was.
  • gala0068gala0068 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We flew to Chicago.  It was so much fun!  We went everywhere there
  • edited December 2011
    We're going to Chase on the Lake for two nights.  It's on Leech Lake in Walker, about three hours north.  We're staying in the "Chase Suite" which is like their honeymoon suite since they only have one.  It has a king bed, full kitchen, balcony overlooking the lake, and a fireplace (the only room they have with a fireplace).  The rates are really cheap for November and April since it's considered the "off season" so we're only paying $240 total.  There's also a restaurant, bowling alley, pool, sauna, and full spa on site.  DH said he would be me a massage, I can't wait!  It's definitely worth looking into.  We also like Larsmont Cottages in Two Harbors, but their rates have gone up since last time we stayed there.
  • edited December 2011
    We went to Chicago for 4 days after the wedding.  We wanted to save the tropical vacation for this winter.  We had a lot of fun.  We did lots of sightseeing and eating and also went to a Cubs game.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards