Connecticut

Just sayin' hi (with a new name)

Hi CT knotties - I haven't been on in a while since our wedding almost 2 months ago, due to the honeymoon, and coming home to 2 deaths among close friends & family, and then just getting busy and generally being so relieved not to have to plan the wedding anymore!  The wedding was wonderful and a blur like everyone says, but it was very emotional (in a good way) and, if it wasn't for the expense and stress, I could do one every year :o)Anyway I changed my screenname so as to not have my last name in it any longer, but it's still me and I hope everyone's planning is going well - lots of new ppl on here, it seems!  I never posted any vendor reviews or anything, but we were generally happy with everything.  If anyone wants details on any of our vendors, I'll list them below and feel free to page me (I'm happy to provide our thoughts to anyone that wants them, I just don't feel like typing it all out right now - sorry).venue: Water's Edge in Westbrook (wedding, rehearsal & accomodations)photo: Catherine Fiehn Photographyvideo: Vantage Point Films (fka Paradigm)dj: Jampacked Dance Floor DJsflowers: Flore in Southburyclassical trio: Millennium Musichair/makeup: Dana Bartone (Brittney & Amy)attire (bride/moms/alterations & tuxes): Harold's in New Havenattire (bridesmaids/alterations): David's Bridalcardstock: Cardsandpockets.comphoto guestbook: Mypublisher.comrings: Ultra Diamonds (mine), Helzberg (his), Wilton Jewelers (resizing/engraving)post-wedding sunset sail: Schooner Mary E in Essexhoneymoon: Paris, FranceInvitations, STDs & placecards were DIY.  This is all I can think of for now but I'm sure I'm missing something or other...?Anyway, hope everyone's well!Bella

Re: Just sayin' hi (with a new name)

• edited December 2011
    Bella!!! It is so good to see you back here! Sorry to hear about the deaths in your life =( I am glad to hear, however, that your day went so well!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Melissa!!! What's new with your planning these days?
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Bella, Welcome back.  Glad to hear all went well.  Sorry for your loss. That's a terrible thing to come home to.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Vikki :)  Thanks to you both.  Yeah it sucked.  On the drive home from the airport I found out my dad's friend passed away, and less than 24 hours later I found out my grandfather (dad's dad) died.  Both were at the wedding just 2 weeks earlier, and while both had health problems, both deaths were very unexpected (neither one was related to the wedding just to clarify!).  But of course we were all glad to have spent time with them at the wedding and the photographer got a lot of nice pictures of my grandfather especially.  I didn't see either of them very often so I will always value that.  But of course, 2 funerals in 3 days was no picnic.Anyway, we're all doing okay.  Did I miss anything exciting here?  I see we have a new mod :)
    edited December 2011
    That's hard, glad it didn't affect the wedding.  You did miss a lot.  We do have a new mod, Kim took over because it's hard for Brandie to get on all the time.Lot's of new girls, lot's of married girls now too, and I think the nest board is starting to get going...woohoo!! So feel free to pop over there too.
  • edited December 2011
    welcome back! woohoo nest board!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    Okay tell me about this Nest and why I want to be on it?  Homeowner type stuff or what?Hi MaryKatie!
    edited December 2011
    Here's the CT Board.http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/3230670/ShowForum.aspx?TKLocal=1But there's all kinds of other good boards, besides your club board (which they moved from the knot to the nest) Decorating, buy a house, getting preggers, sex and relationships and trouble in paradise is always fun too.
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi Bella! Everything sounds like a blast!!! LOVE YOUR SIGGY!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • DaniG3DaniG3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Bella, I haven't posted here in sooo long either! I was wondering how your day went since we were date twins. Glad to hear your day went well. : )
  • dom922dom922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome back!  Had some questions about your Paris trip if you don't mind.....domilus22@yahoo.com
  • AmberLyn9AmberLyn9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Bella!!!! I'm glad everything went well!!! How was Water's Edge?? Who was your coordinator again? Antonella had to leave for family stuff so now we have Nancy. I haven't met with her yet, but we've e-mailed. Did you have a sit down or stations? How's life as a Mrs???  
  • edited December 2011
    Plans are coming along, we have all of our vendors booked except limo. Kinda taking a break right now before I have to start all of my DIY projects. You can call it a weddin lull!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome Back Bella! Love your siggy! Do you have any pictures you can share from your wedding? I'm dying to see more of that beautiful dress on you!
  • sunflowr0803sunflowr0803 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love your siggy pic! Your dress is amazing! :)
    ? Kristen & Austin ~ Married 07.04.09 ? Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow ok so there are still some peeps here that I recognize :)Kim - thanks and congrats on your new "title" ... make us proud :)DaniG - congratulations on your wedding, how did everything go?  Was yours a morning or a PM wedding?  Hurricane Danny forced our ceremony & cocktail hour indoors and I was bummed but thankfully it cleared up after.  We're now officially anniversary-twins!Melissa - I got so stressed towards the end that I am all in favor of wedding lulls.  Milk it!Thanks Sun & Sun re: my dress... Kaila (hope I spelled that right?) you can see our teaser pics here:  http://www.slide.com/r/agT7Pwhz5T-qtg_M0_Qej5u8DanLuvOJ?map=2&cy=bbSo what else has everyone been up to?
  • rel830rel830 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back! Glad to hear the wedding went so well despite the weather! I love your picture - you look so happy. I'm so sorry about your grandfather and dad's friend. What a shame. How is it readjusting to life post-wedding otherwise?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards