Connecticut
Options

When you booked your limo...

Did you just do it over the phone or actually go to the place and look at the cars, etc. I don't really want anything super specific like a special type of car, etc. I just want an 8-passenger white limo for pickup in the morning (we don't need transpo between ceremony and reception site as they will be one and the same) and a town car to bring us home at the end of the reception. Do you think I can just call and book something w/o actually having to go look at the vehicles???I am between Gateway, Lindsey, and Black Swan & Antique Limosines...
The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013

Re: When you booked your limo...

• Options
    jmestylejmestyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just do it over the phone.I have some questions for you. My ceremony and reception are at the same place and I'm havinglimo issues!Are you having the limo pick up the guys and bring them to the venue, then come back and pick up the girls and bring you to the venue?This is what I want but it takes an hour each way and in order for me to be there in time, the guys would need to be there at like 3:30. The ceremony doesn't start until 6:30 so what would they do for 3hrs!I can't get 2limos because they all usually require a 3hr min.Is your venue close by?I guess you wouldn't have this issue if it was close to where you are getting ready
  • Options
    romyjm8romyjm8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just call. If its a reputable place, they should have standard inventory. I would just be sure to get specific details about the inside and leave it in the back of their mind that you may stop in to see them.
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked over the phone. They gave us a choice of # of seats and color, and then we were all set.
  • Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i booked over the phone, but then again, my limo never showed up! i didnt use any of the companies you're looking at though! as for the question about the 2 limos and timing, in that sitch, i think i'd go with 2 limos and just be done with it. OR just have your BP drive themselves...thats what we did. no one really cared that much (or at least did an amazing job hiding it!) and in the end, it worked very well, since everyone was able to leave when they wanted and such....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm...well, the 4 girls and I will be getting ready in my home, which is about 25 minutes from the venue. We have an 11:00 am ceremony start time... Groom and his 2 GMs will be getting ready at the hotel near the ceremony site...so I think they should be able to ride over together in one of the GM's rental cars...not really sure how that's going to pan out...and um, I'm glad you mentioned it, haha. I need to ask him about that...Glad to know I can just book the transpo over the phone. I have done so much running around between other wedding-related appmts that it would be nice not to have to schedule yet one more thing...
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We booked over the phone but also went up to look at the limos. We used Gateway...they were nothing but fantastic the day of. We are using them for our airport transfer for our HM in December as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards