Florida-North Florida

Josie @ Anything with Plants

I had heard really good things about Josie both on this board and some other vendor sites. I met with her almost a month ago and still haven't received a proposal, even though she said it would be within a week. I've called twice and left her voicemail messages- one time the receptionist said she was with a client, and the other time I called her direct number. I've also emailed her. I guess it's time to give up and find another florist, but that makes me sad because I've heard really good things about Josie and I really liked her when we had the consultation.Anyone have any thoughts or ideas? Has anyone talked to her recently??

Re: Josie @ Anything with Plants

• clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't talked to her recently. For some reason I've never received a single email they sent to my yahoo account but when they tried to use my gmail account I got it everytime. Initially I was waiting longer then expected for my quote. I called the store and spoke to Hilary (Josie's boss) who told me Josie was out of town w/ a family emergency. She went through Josie's files and found my quote (this is how we've figured out that I wasn't getting them in my yahoo account) that Josie had emailed to me a few days earlier. I talked to her several time through email as she reworked the quote the way I wanted it and she was very prompt and helpful each time. She's been one of my most professional vendors so far. I'm sorry you're having a difficult time w/them. I really can't say anything because my experience has been very good so far. Maybe call and ask to talk to Hilary? Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Hmmm... well the email address I gave her was my gmail account so hopefully that's not the issue. I'm kind of concerned though that I have called and emailed and not gotten any response... but tomorrow I will call and talk to Hillary if I still can't get Josie. Thanks!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, that's definitely sucky and honestly...it would probably cause me to drop a vendor. It's crazy how two people can have such different experiences with them. Good luck! Let us know what happens.
  • jendawn80jendawn80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm also using Josie but I haven't talked to her recently. When I first met her, it took her a little longer than expected to get me the initial proposal but once we communicated through email, she seemed to get back to me more quickly. She reworked my proposal twice to get everthing the way I wanted and has been very professional. I would just call again as Christie suggested and if you continue to get her voicemail, I would talk to Hilary and tell her you're concerned. I'm sure she'll get the message to Josie. Hope it works out!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I used Anything with Plants as my florist. I worked with Clay up until two weeks before my wedding. I called one day and was told that he no longer worked there. From then on, I worked with Josie. Although I was pleased with the end product, I was not pleased with their lack of communication. It came off as very unprofessional to me.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Devon- Was there lack of communication in the final 2 weeks? Or do you mean them failing to communicate to you that Clay left? I rememer a lot of girls being upset by that.
  • edited December 2011
    I finally heard from Josie today. She emailed me and apologized that she has been in and out of the office due to a family emergency. The proposal looks great and she was my favorite of the florists I met with--but I'm a little nervous. It seems like she's had several family emergencies recently and I don't want to get into a situation where I can't get ahold of her two weeks before my wedding....
  • edited December 2011
    Christie - BOTH. I was pissed to find out via the Internet that Clay was gone. Then, I felt like I had to really stay on top of them to know what was going on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards