Connecticut

Review - Gershon Fox Room Hartford CT The Marquee 960 Main Street

Just a little feedback on my experience with the Gershon Fox Room.I had the pleasure of having my wedding reception at the Gershon Fox Room. I had never heard of it until my Mom came across it and told me I had to check it out. We went and checked it out and fell in love with the place. The history and the charm was just what we wanted in our old Hollywood theme wedding.  We originally booked with one lady (Diana) and she was nice to work with but then was no longer there. (Jessica was there the entire time but in the beginning we worked with Diana) Then we had the pleasure to work with Jessica and Erik. They were both wonderful to work with and both always so eager to help. Jessica would respond to my emails at all hours of the day (even after hours!) she was always so willing to give advice and work with all the fine details that my family and I wanted to incorporate within our special day. Jessica was planning an August 2009 wedding during our planning with our August 2009 wedding and I found it to be very helpful for her to be able to relate to Bill and my needs. She was a bride herself therefore was aware of the nerves, the excitement and the needs a bride has when planning a wedding. I had the pleasure of talking and working with Jessica over the course of our 13 month engagement. I found the more I worked with Jessica the stronger our relationship became and we were more like friends instead of a business deal, which made the process much more enjoyable. The day of our wedding was amazing. Everything went perfectly. We stepped off the party bus to be greeted with a big hug from Jessica and Erik. It was such a nice welcoming. Jessica had the biggest smile on her face and she was truly excited for our day. She even came into the bathroom and helped my bridal party with my bustle on my dress! Jessica and Erik made sure that when we got inside we had water and any drink that we wished for. They also made sure we ate our full meals and had some alone time together (my hunny and me). Erik and Jessica were right by our side throughout the night to ensure we had everything we needed/wanted. The food was amazing. We heard nothing but great compliments about our reception. Everyone loved the food, the drinks and the atmosphere. We added a signature drink which all our guests loved and Jessica was so creative she came up with such a fun name for it. They also worked with our liquor requests to ensure we had everything our family members wanted. My sister is a vegan and is pregnant and they made her a special dish to meet her dietary needs. They even let me bring in a second cake (grooms cake) and cookies from another bakery who they do not usually work with.  I found Jessica and Erik both very easy to work with and very willing to accommodate all of our needs.  I highly recommend the Gershon Fox Room. I have been married since August 22 and we still hear from Jessica. She was a wonderful addition to the Gershon Fox Room and any bride would be lucky to work with her (and Erik too!)!!

Re: Review - Gershon Fox Room Hartford CT The Marquee 960 Main Street

• edited December 2011
    I used to work there..awesome place! I would have my wedding there if it wasnt in hartford!
    BabyFetus Ticker TTC since 11/2010 Me-32 - Cervical Displacia -Lymes Diseease DH-32
  • JBDamonMJBDamonM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married there as well - and Jessica was also a HUGE help with my bustle! She pretty much did the entire thing with the help of just one bridesmaid! To me - this was really going the extra mile!!! Especially since I had a cathedral length train!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards