Connecticut

Photographers

Hi everyone -- I'm stuck on finding a photographer! I thought I had one and then when I tried calling, their number was out of service!!! Can anyone give me any ideas for photographers in the CT/MA area? I'm from CT but getting married in MA. Thanks!! :)

Re: Photographers

• Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely recommend HK Photography, and I know a lot of the girls on this board do as well. I recently got my epics back, and they will be shooting my January 2nd wedding. Let me know if you want to see some of my epics. They have flexible packages, and are very budget friendly. HTH
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just realized you said that youre getting married in MA...not positive if they will travel, but I would look into it...
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mich_mannymich_manny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!!! We are getting married at Oakridge Country Club, which is right over the CT boarder - so it may be close enough, I will definitely check into it! Do you have a link that you can send me for your pictures??
  • NicoleMud80NicoleMud80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Joseph's Photography (www.josephs.com). Joe just did our e-pics last week and we couldn't be happier. He's really fun to work with and is able to capture the posed stuff you need but also capture the candid moments (photojournalistic style). I would highly recommend him.
  • edited December 2011
    If they'll travel (which I bet they will) my vote is for HK also.  They're awesome... so artistic and personable.  Our engagement pics turned out perfect as I'm sure our wedding photos will.  Plus, the price really can't be beat for what you get.  When you hire them you get the full day... not just 5 hours or until after the cake cutting like many photographers do.  They're actually traveling to two separate ceremonies for us that we're having that are about 1 1/2 hrs drive apart.... one at 11am and one at 4pm all at no extra charge.  They're so accommodating and really nice.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Erin&MikeyErin&Mikey member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jerome Braga at Studio 1923.  He is amazing, a bunch of girls on this board have used him.
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    King Vincent Storm www.kingvincentstorm.com LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • dom922dom922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mel, can you send me a link of your epics.  My address is domilus22@yahoo.com   I'm having a hard time making a decision, as well.  Thanks
  • edited December 2011
    Oak Ridge is right near me! My MOHs brother got married there in september. I recommend John LoConte for a photographer. He is based in Boston but will travel (came to Torrington for our wedding). If you want to see examples of his work I posted my pro pics a few posts down and I can email you our epics. John is awesome to work with and every guest at my wedding is raving about him.
    Pregnancy Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    i'm using Raw photo design. Eric is amazing and he definitely travels, he just did my friends wedding in newport. rawphotodesign.com he has a blog so you can check out his style
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Misty Enright!  www.mistyenright.com  She's so fun and has a great eye!  Very creative!
  • mich_mannymich_manny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you so much everyone!!! this was extremely helpful!!
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Aurora Photography.  We loved her, she's awesome.Pix in Married Bio.http://www.aurora-photography.net/
  • rgaouette1216rgaouette1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Cregg Annarino, he's awesome! He's out of RI but def travels... www.itakeyourphotos.com
  • Cara130Cara130 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!! We booked Angela Hanlon- Hanlonphotography.com--She is wonderful! We just got our e-pics back and they are featured on the website if you want to see them. She is a creative and unique photographer who was great to work with. She has taken a very serious interest in making our engagement photos and wedding exactly what we want.Good luck with the search! I know it can be overwhelming, but for me it was how comfortable I felt with her....in addition to the above...that made me know she was the one to choose! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I chose Raw Photo Design for my wedding next year.. They are SOOO amazing! I know they travel. You'll hear great things about him on the knot too. They were reccommended to me by Eric Foley. http://www.ericfoleyphotography.com/ He's unreal. I have a whole chart of the ones I called (which include most listed above) and details, cot etc. I can email it to you if you want it. Shoot me an email at amybjohnson26@gmail.com. Good luck!!! Check out rawphotodesign.com & vantage point films for video. Very cool. And CONGRATS!!
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i used Robert Taylor out of stratford. [url]www.roberttaylorphotography.com[/url] i love love loved him, but he is pricey. if i had to do it over again, honestly, i might go with Raw Photo Design though. i hadn't heard of them when i booked robert (but i didnt really look either...i had my heart set on him at the time) but from seeing pics posted here and on Raw's blog, i think they are AMAZING. i want to do B-pics with them eventually...
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Catherine Fiehn her website is www.catherinefiehn.com Her photos are amazing. Many of the girls on here either used her or are using her. I'm pretty sure she will travel because she travels for her beauty pageants a lot.
  • edited December 2011
    Erik Maziarz did an awesome job and was super easy to work with. http://www.erikmaziarz.com/
  • edited December 2011
    HI there!!! I had a great photographer! She is in CT but she does cover the MA area!! You should check out her site!!! www.hanlonphotography.com I found that she was very reasonable, and my pictures were finished within about 3 weeks!!! She even created me my own website of my photos: www.hanlonphotography.com/Belvelle Best of Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    i definitely recommend Mike Dialessi! i just posted the photos from our wedding, he is from MA actually, he did two of our friends weddings up there. hes a great price, doesnt copyright...i dont know how much coverage you are looking for, it is just him because he does it as a side business, its not his only job, so if youre looking for multiple photographers he doesnt offer that, but he doesnt do a great job capturing the day, and hes got a great eye- for myself and DH being VERY not photogenic, he did an awesome job! if you want more info, email me at vegriemsmann at yahoo dot com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards