Pre-wedding Parties

What are y ou doing for....

What are you doing for your rehersal diner? Where is it at and what kind of food are you having? All of our wedding party is family and we were just in a wedding last fall and they judt did pizza at their home is this tacky?

Re: What are y ou doing for....

• quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, it's not tacky.  I am planning to do pizza and wings at FI's parents' house.  There is no requirement that an RD be at all fancy.
    Married 10/2/10
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had lasagna at DH's home back when we were married.  It was great.

We had a backyard cookout for our son and DIL's RD.  I prefer more low key RD's before the "busy-ness" of wedding day.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • sctfrk1314sctfrk1314 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having a bowling party at our local alley with buffet style eats in a private section :)  I want everyone to have fun and talk and enjoy themselves! Do pizza and wings/have a bbq/whatever you want. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    i dont want to do a rehersal dinner. ugh.
    Anniversary
  • scpalmtree06scpalmtree06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pizza and beer at a local pizza joint for us.
  • benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at a local tavern restaurant.  We are not expecting too many people, about 20, so we just chose 4 meals off the menu for guests to choose from: steak, chicken parm, crab cakes, and veal oscar.  We are also going to pre-order appetizers off the menu that they will start prepping when we arrive.

I agree, do whatever you want for the RD.
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • christina inachristina ina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We want a really casual RD so FI suggested a BBQ at his dad's house.  Our rehearsal will be around noon the day before the wedding, so the RD will be a late lunch.  It'll end some time in the late afternoon/early evening which works out perfect so all the girls will have time to help my BM assemble our flowers and FI and I will have time to pack for our honeymoon.

October 2010 Siggy: Wedding bands

Photobucket

Wedding Countdown Ticker

-Christina-
    :planning bio:
  • kfrisbeekfrisbee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are doing laser tag with pizza delivered. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards