Missouri-St Louis

Outside Catering

Hello everyone!  I'm wondering if anyone knows of any ceremony/recpetion venues that allow outside catering?  The only luck I've had is the 3rd degree glass factory and I'm looking for something more garden-ish. 

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Re: Outside Catering

• edited December 2011
    There are lots of places that allow outside catering (City Museum, Rialto Ballroom, Mad Art Gallery, NEO on Locust, just to name a few).  However, I wouldn't describe any of those as garden-ish. The most garden-ish places I can think of are the Forest Park venues, the Botanical Gardens (obviously) and the Artist's Guild in Clayton, however those all use Catering St. Louis as their exclusive caterer. Do you have a particular caterer in mind?  
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm actually looking for a place that will let me bring in Pappy's BBQ.  We are having a memorial day weekend wedding (2012) and I thought it would be fitting to have some good 'ol St. Louis BBQ!  We are a pretty relaxed couple and we're going for a fun and casual vibe (but still classy Wink).  I would LOVE to use the Magic House, but I'm pretty sure they have a "preferred caterer" list that does not include Pappy's (surprise, surprise). Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_outside-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:87Discussion:d6da056a-d568-468c-b866-7dc06b1b3763Post:7917830d-69e0-43a6-b929-53208ab13274">Re: Outside Catering</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the suggestions! I'm actually looking for a place that will let me bring in Pappy's BBQ.  We are having a memorial day weekend wedding (2012) and I thought it would be fitting to have some good 'ol St. Louis BBQ!  We are a pretty relaxed couple and we're going for a fun and casual vibe (but still classy ).  I would LOVE to use the Magic House, but I'm pretty sure they have a "preferred caterer" list that does not include Pappy's (surprise, surprise).
    Posted by oosunburstoo[/QUOTE]

That does make it more difficult, as most of the places that allow outside caterers still have a list of preferred caterers.  I know that on the NEO on Locust website, they indicate that other caterers (not on their list) are allowed if they agree to their terms.  I think the're going to have a rooftop space that isn't going to be opening at some point.  It would be worth a try to call other places you're interested in to see if they ever make exceptions for caterers not on their list.
  • auriannaaurianna member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Magic Chef Mansion across from Tower Grove park. It's a big mansion that if I recall, has a bowling alley in the basement (how fun is that?). You get the run of most of the house and they have lots of patio seating and a carraige house / barn area that could open up into outdoor seating as well. Big, gorgeous, classy house, but they also have lots of fun oddities (mug collections, hunting trophies, doll houses, etc). Check their website.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, the mansion sounds really cool!  I'll definitely check it out - thanks for the tip! :)
  • Did you ever find a venue that would allow Pappy's? I am in the same predicament for my rehearsal dinner and woud love some advice! 

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards