Nebraska-Omaha

E-pic spot recs??

so we held out for our e-pics until we could get some beautiful fall foliage in the background, but now the forecast for the day we are getting them is rain, rain , rain....and 45 degrees. i am so sad, and I didn't have any indoor spot in mind, so if anyone knows anywhere we can take them that looks neat inside, please reccomend!!

Re: E-pic spot recs??

• edited December 2011
    Durham museum downtown :)  Its really pretty inside.
  • edited December 2011
    We did our engagement pics 3 weeks ago for the same reason, and it ended up being about 45 degrees and rainy. We had planned on doing them around the Old Market and they turned out awesome! We used the Old Market Passageway for a good chunk of them, but we were able to do a few under the awnings on the streets. We even used a big black umbrella and stopped traffic to run out and take some pics under it! Feel free to email me at irishmeghan@gmail.com if you'd like to see our online gallery of them. :) ~Meghan
  • teacherlady79teacherlady79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Joslyn museum.  It's got gorgeous architecture and lots of nooks.
    Photobucket

My food blog:
    www.stringbeansandskinnyjeans.blogspot.com

Started TTC 03/11
    MFI Diagnosis in 02/12
    6 month wait for quarantined DS, 04/12-10/12
    IUI #1 10/25/12, BFP 11/6! Low rising betas, u/s confirmed blighted ovum 11/26. D&C 12/6. And now we wait again...

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35f6e0]My Ovulation Chart[/url]
  • RokkanenRokkanen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just saw today the huge UP trains when you drive from IA to NE.  I think the only way to get there would be through Lauritzen Gardens but it would make a cool picture.
  • teacherlady79teacherlady79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't have to pay to get to the UP trains there. Just park in the Lauritzen Gardens lot, and take the steps from the parking lot to the trains. It's not really part of the gardens or anything.
    Photobucket

My food blog:
    www.stringbeansandskinnyjeans.blogspot.com

Started TTC 03/11
    MFI Diagnosis in 02/12
    6 month wait for quarantined DS, 04/12-10/12
    IUI #1 10/25/12, BFP 11/6! Low rising betas, u/s confirmed blighted ovum 11/26. D&C 12/6. And now we wait again...

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35f6e0]My Ovulation Chart[/url]
  • edited December 2011
    I'd love to know how your pictures turn out! I just booked our for January 2nd. I was going to mention to those that read this post in the future, if you are interested in The Durham, you need to call and talk to the Marketing Director and/or pay the professional photography fee at the door. I tell you this so that you aren't startled going forward and because many photographers will balk at the policy. You can find some super cute shots here at the museum though! We are planning on having some of our pictures at the Durham in the soda fountain, downstairs on track level on the Street Car and probably in the main waiting room since it is so beautiful! We're also going to go to The Crescent Moon, where we meet & got engaged, for some quick pics. I called today to see about a photography policy and they are totally cool with it, just want a head's up closer to the date. So good luck to you all and remember it may not hurt to call if you want to go somewhere, like a museum, to inquire about their photography policy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards