Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Photographers........

So I showed my FI what photographer what we would go with and he didnt want her because she didnt offer enough in her packages.If anyone have a rec. on a photographer that is reasonable (less than $2000) and is willing to travel to Duluth....and oh yeah offers like a book or something....Thanks girls, I just want to pick one so I have the weight off my shoulders

Re: Photographers........

• edited December 2011
    Most photographers usually will put together a specific package for you. Not everyone is going to want the exact same things. I think the listed packages are more starting points or examples from what I have seen anyways.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sarah Ciccone does a lot of nature shooting on the North Shore and I know she recently shot a wedding in Nisswa, so she travels. Check out her website- sarahcicconephotography.com - she does great artistic work and is very sweet.  You can add prints and albums to her standard packages, I believe, and her prices are well under $2K. And you can always make your own albums on shutterfly and other sites like that, so keep that in mind.  good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I can totally vouch for Sarah Ciccone!  We did our engagement session with her, which was included in the wedding package (again, definitely under $2000) and she was super fun to work with! (and we LOVED the pics).  I've got some posted on my bio and she has some on her website/blog too if you want to take a look. 
  • edited December 2011
    Who was the photographer you showed to your fiance?I know I already recommended my photographer to you (Callie V Photography) and in her basic package she doesn't include a book but like pp said, most photographers will let you add on a book but the reason we went with out photographer was because she gives you the rights to the images to make your own book. If we decide that picking all the pics out, putting the book togehter, and ordering it is too much work, we can always order a book through our photographer. We really wanted that flexibilty! Hope this helps you! :)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that most photogs are willing to negotiate the packages.  That said, we went with Ben Berndt and loved him.  I know he travels.  Dana Schoppe does as well (she shot our rehearsal).  Both are in your price range.
  • edited December 2011
    Barclay Horner!  I know he's willing to travel because he does so even for engagement pics he showed us (actually were up in Duluth area).  You get the rights to the images, but he'll put whatever you want together like in an album, etc.
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • jtothelee216jtothelee216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I came across a photographer after we already had ours booked that I was pretty impressed with.  You should check out Wonderful Life Photography out of Hayward, WI.  Hayward is only about an hour from Duluth, so you'd be looking at paying less travel expenses likely.  Their wedding packages start at just $600, and their work looks like it would be worth way more if they were based out of the cities.  Definitely check them out.www.wonderfullifephotography.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards