California-Northern

Help! I need a new ceremony and reception site!!!

I need help....our ceremony and reception site was going to be in a beautiful garden in Gilroy.  It was going to be at my dad's work, but he got laid off on Fri. :( So now we're out of luck! We want to have a cocktail reception, so need to find a place that would work with that kind of party....any suggestions??? (We'd like to keep it somewhere around the Gilroy/South Bay area.)  Thanks!

Re: Help! I need a new ceremony and reception site!!!

• mjlkhkmjlkhk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I only know of Freedom Hall in San Jose.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • jennbuen16jennbuen16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married @ Eagle Ridge. Pics in links below. So beautiful and pricing was fantastic! Many guests told me it was so elegant! GL!
    TTC our 1st LO since September 2009
    History of ENDO and ovarian cysts, currently have 1 Myoma on left ovary - but it's shrinking, yea! Clomid 100mg since Jan 2011, trigger 4/5, 1st IUI 4/7, 1 mature follie, progesterone = BFN
    SHG 5/2 = all clear
    IUI#2 on Mother's Day 5/8, no trigger, 2 mature follies, progesterone = BFN
    imageimageAnniversary
    My Ovulation Chart
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We were married last month at Cinnabar Hills Golf Club in San Jose and I cannot rave enough about that place - I'm still waiting on pro pics from our photog so don't have a whole lot to share as we are shuffling through non-pro ones now!  But the staff is wonderful, pricing is very reasonable for what you get and the experience.  If you want more detailed info, let me know and I can send you an email! :)Good luck with the planning!
  • edited December 2011
    The Historic Del Monte Building in Sunnyvale has good reasonable packages so does Villa Ragusa where we are having our reception but The Historic Del Monte is more inclusive.  A friend of a friend just got married at Eagle Ridge in Gilroy and the pricing was good.  Cinnabar is beautiful (we looked at it) but pricier than the other options listed.  I'm not sure what places do cocktail receptions only.  I guess you would want to find a place that doesn't have a food and beverage minimum since you most likely wouldn't reach it with just cocktails and appetizers.  I was reading in a wedding magazine about a bride that rented out a nightclub that didn't normally do weddings but she got such a great deal since it wasn't a usual wedding location.  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I'd definitely check out Wedgewood at Eagle Ridge Golf Club. Gorgeous grounds and great packages.
  • edited December 2011
    Also, I'm pretty sure Freedom Hall is in Santa Clara and there is also David's Restaurant in Santa Clara.
  • edited December 2011
    I just got married on October 2nd at Freedom Hall and GArden in Santa Clara. We stayed at the Marriott across the way and got a block of rooms at a discounted rate. Here is the deal with the Freedom Hall. I absolutely love them! Sandy was our wedding planner and I swear she was an angel from above. If anything went wrong, we never knew about it. They basically have wedding packages, which include, cake, dj and a bunch of other things you'd typically pay extra for everywhere else (ex: linens were included in tons of different colors). The bar is an open bar and included in the package. Check out their website, I think it is freedomhall.com or you can google it. Personal Message me if you have any questions, I really loved them.
    ****missing my little angel since 11/28/12 (m/c 8.4 weeks)**** Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! Thanks you guys! We will look into all of your suggestions! We have a DJ already, my sister as the wedding planner, and hopefully my uncle doing the flowers....so we're really looking for just a small garden-type place that will allow for music late (we want it to be a great party!). Thanks again for all of your help...we're still looking!
  • edited December 2011
    try highland park in santa cruz very reasonible!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards