Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

To Airbrush or Not to Airbrush?

I live in Lubbock, TX and have had little luck in finding an airbrush makeup artist.  I did find someone today who is going to do a test run next week with hair and makeup, just not airbrushed.  I want that flawless look that lasts through the night.  Has anyone wanted airbrushing, but gone the traditional route and been completely satisfied?

Re: To Airbrush or Not to Airbrush?

• What is your complexion like, pretty even? I found that my makeup (traditionally done) stayed on all night long. I considered air brushing, but didn't think it was worth the extra cost because the traditional way held up just as well. If you find a good makeup artist they have techniques to make the makeup last without caking on layers of it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My photographer recommended the airbrush make up with the digital photography. She has a make up artist she works with her website is  bit.ly/KelliToal. I haven't used her yet, cause my wedding is next year, but I will for my wedding.
  • I think with regular make-up as long as they're good you can get the look you want.  I'm actually doing my own with that bare-minerals make-up and it looks great!  Might be worth looking into. . .
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • to the OP, I'm doing the traditional route. I too can't bear to pay for airbrush makeup when I can do it myself for much cheaper. I'm using Smashbox Camera Ready foundation with their primer (the light version) underneath, and Make Up for Ever's Mist & Fix as a sealant. I'm in the Houston area, and this combo has lasted me through a day of football tailgating in September (you know what that weather is like!)--hot, humid, very sweaty. my makeup didn't budge until I washed it off.to tash, have you tried taking pictures with your bare minerals makeup, especially with a strong flash? most makeup artists DO NOT recommend mineral makeup for photography, because it makes you look washed out. I always look washed out in pictures when I'm wearing my bare minerals.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • You might want to ask on a local board for recs for someone who does airbrush. I just had airbrushing dine a few days ago fpr e-pics and LOVED it. I got it done at Sephora.  They sell and airbrushing machine, so youcould always check costs and do it yourself.  Or maybe see if one of the Sphora girls will do it for you on the side (Sephora does not do special even makeup).
  • i had airbrushed makeup and loved it! i did not have a chance to do a trial either because the wedding was in houston and i live in nashville. so i went off of other peoples recommendations on the artist and really loved it.i would definitely do the test and then decide.good luck!
  • I bought an airbrush machine by luminess off of e-bay for about $100 to do it myself but Glamour Shots does air brush make up now and in Houston it runs about $45...
  • i am in TX too (houston) I used danielle at the perfect facewww.theperfectface.comshe did an amazing job!
    My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards