North Carolina

Good Morning! :)

Good morning all! Its raining today so that means I don't get to go horseback riding today (Boo) However I have an interview at another barn tonight (Yay). . Until then I'll be melting wake onto wine bottles and cleaning the house What is everyone else doing on this fine day ? I hope you all have a great day!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Good Morning! :)

• edited December 2011
    Good morning girls! It rained all day yesterday so I hope it isn't rainy all day today! Super EXCITED I have some e-pic teasers :) I'll post them in a seperate post! Hope everyone has a happy Wednesday!
  • edited December 2011
    Good morning!  I have a meeting today from 9-2 (yuck!) so I will be MIA.  NCSUPsych - what style of riding do you do?  I rode Saddleseat growing up but you don't see a lot of that around here.  I miss it so much!  DH is going to be an equine vet, so I thought for sure I would be getting a horse of my own (finally!).  Of course, he just seems them as very expensive walking disasters hahaha.  Seriously, a horse will find a way to hurt itself, but I guess that is good for business.
  • edited December 2011
    *sees not seems.
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    RedHead : (Funny thought, Im a redhead too) But I started in saddleseat way back when I first started riding. But I typically ride english (huntseat, cross country jumping etc) I've honestly done a little of it all :).  My new neighbor also used to ride saddleseat.  I picked up a wavier from the horses that I currently ride owner so that she can come ride with me if she wants to even though they aren't saddle seat.  The current horses that I'm working with ride either western or english and Im attempting to train one to jump :) Theres a saddlebred farm around here. . Mmm... Ballentine Riding Academy. Its a BIG red barn :) We're (FI and I) are hoping to get horses later on in life. He was a 'RED' one (in his own words) For now I'll be happy just to work with them :)
  • grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I miss the days of riding.  I used to take lessons when I was younger but then I got appendicitis and couldn't ride for a long time.I told DH that if we won the lottery, I would move us to a villa in Tuscany overlooking a sunflower field and that we would have to have horses :)Well, that image brightened up an otherwise dreary Hump Day morning :)
  • edited December 2011
    that's pretty cool!  i didn't know about Ballentine, although I'm sure DH has heard of it.  he worked w/an equine vet through undergrad and is familar with a lot of the barns around here. didn't realize that saddleseat was so prevalent.  I grew up in northeastern NC and we were definitely the only barn showing saddlebreds!
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning! I was working in the lab last night until 3 AM!! :( and had to be back here at 8 this morning, boooooo. I am leaving early today, lol! On a wedding related note, I got lots of messages from my friends yesterday saying they received our STDs! YAYYY, no turning back now! ;) haha
    edited December 2011
    I haven't seen too much of that style, but I know there are a few barns in the area. http://www.newhorse.com/page/horseboarding/b.510.g.7610.htmlI found that yesturday. . Its a boarding page, but could help you find another barn to ride at if you're looking. :)I've joked with FI about getting a mini as a lawn mower. . . I used to have horses when I lived back home with my parents and I just miss it sooo much.
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooo, I didn't know there were so many riders on the board! I've been riding and competing (hunters) since I was little. I'm riding less now since we sold my horses when I went to college, but I miss it so much! Redhead, just tell your DH horses are actually healthier than kids. :) I read that in a riding magazine once... I don't know if it's true but it's going to be my argument in a few years! I'm working until 7pm tonight, boo.
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Morning Ladies!  Happy Hump Day! FI and I successfully registered at Macy's last night.  The "event" was alright - they had a DJ, Posh Nosh Catering, and Sugarland cakes there.  They did have a lot of salespeople trying to sell perfume, make-up as well which was kind of annoying, but I guess I could have expected it.  We got a bag and two wine glasses.  Wendy, you were right - they are some of the thickest wine glasses I've ever seen, but hey, its a gift so we can't complain. And I used to ride horses a little bit when I was growing up, but I have no idea what you are talking about all these different styles of riding, etc.  So nothing to contribute to the convo on that, but the mini horse as lawnmower comment made me laugh!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooo, how was PoshNosh Catering's food? I met with them the other day and I'm just not so sure about them (the lady told me when I asked about a meat option that "people should eat less meat" and I was a bit confused. I mean, sure, but this is my wedding we're talking about, I would like a few meat options here and there.)
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Good Morning Ladies!  I've gotta be honest...I'm ready for life to slow down!!  Work is crazy and with only 24 more days until wedding day, I'm wondering how I'm going to find time to get it all done!
  • allie76allie76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning ladies...I'm back at work today and can tell that I've been missed...bah! Off to a busy day for me.
    TTC since Sept 2009 with PCOS. 3 failed Clomid cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 failed injectable + TI cycle. Surprise BFP on 1/22/12 while waiting to start IVF! EDD 9/30/12.
    Missed m/c discovered 2/20/12 (8w1d). D&C 2/23/12
    Photobucket [img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg[/img]

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    edited December 2011
    Today totally just hit the shitter. . . Our hedgehog passed away and hes my FI's most prized 'friend'. . . damn damn damn
  • edited December 2011
    C - Posh Nosh was actually really good. They had these tastly little onion quiches among other things and they did have some sliced meats there so I didn't get the same meat impression as you.  I find it off-putting that a caterer would tell you that people need to eat less meat when a - they are trying to sell their catering services and wouldn't meat bring in more $$? and b - you are the bride and you will be paying for what you want so if you want meat and they won't offer it for you then wouldn't you go elsewhere?  The lady there was really nice.  Our venue is an exclusive caterer so we never looked at catering options but I will be checking them out for other WR events!
  • edited December 2011
    Beka, sorry to hear about that!  Vibes for you and FI!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no - poor hedgehog.  I'm so sorry.  Sending thoughts to you and FI.
  • edited December 2011
    Morning! Today my department is holding a pirate-themed Halloween luncheon. This is definately one of the better Wednesdays I've had lately; when else to you get to dress up as a pirate at work? :)
  • alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, sorry to hear about the poor little hedgehog! I am so attached to my animals, that I cry so much when something happens to them. My bunny had cancer last year, and I was sick for weeks over it. So my thoughts are with you guys cause I know how hard that is. Well, I am officially a nervous wreck today. My Phillies are playing in the world series tonight against a team that I hate more then just about anything in the world, even more then I hate peas! And I really hate peas! I am so nervous. I know that sounds so dorky, but I live and die by my sports teams. Ugh, the stress this week s going to be sky high.
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry about your hedgehog!Crappy day for me.  Turning in a take home midterm and I couldn't figure out the answer to several questions.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go Phillies!  That's for you, Alyson :)
  • alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha, thanks Grace!
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no, I'm so sorry about your hedgehog, that's too sad. I'm the same way about my animals... seriously don't even want to think about it. :(Bagnatt- thanks! That helps that you were impressed by them. It might have just been a slip o' the tongue on her part, so I'll definitely keep them in the running.Also- go Phillies! I wish they were this good when I lived there...
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards