Maryland-Baltimore

Introduction Poll - COME OUT LURKERS!

So it seems like we have quite a few new people pop up recently, and I'm sure we have a lot more lurking who don't feel comfortable jumping in to post, so maybe we can have another mass introduction poll =)I know internet security is a concern for some people, so answer as many or as few as you want.Your Name:FI/DH's name:Wedding Date:How long have you been posting/lurking:What type of work do you do:Favorite thing to do when you're not on theknot?Favorite Band??And anything else you'd like to share

Re: Introduction Poll - COME OUT LURKERS!

• edited December 2011
    Your Name: Tree FI/DH's name: Scott Wedding Date: 9/19/09 How long have you been posting/lurking: Since July 2008 What type of work do you do: Lots of database work, and assisting at various university events Favorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? Play/Watch basketball (but only NCAA), baking, watching on SNL episodes from the 70s Favorite Band? Of all time - The Beatles.  Of ones that are currently together - The Fratelli's
  • mmattoonmmattoon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a newbie but I'll post anyway :)Your Name: MelanieFI/DH's name: JasonWedding Date: November 7, 2009How long have you been posting/lurking: since July 2008What type of work do you do: civil engineeringFavorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? shop, read, wedding plan, hang out with FI, go out to eatFavorite Band?? I don't really have a favorite
  • edited December 2011
    Your Name: Susanne FI/DH's name: Dan Wedding Date: 5/21/2011 How long have you been posting/lurking: Since July 2009 What type of work do you do: tax accountant Favorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? I don't have a ton of free time, but I love just hanging out at home. Favorite Band? None really. I listen mostly to Cosmo Radio on Sirius.
  • edited December 2011
    I've been semi lurking! But these intros are ALWAYS fun!Your Name: LauraFI/DH's name: TonyWedding Date: 9/25/10How long have you been posting/lurking: July 09What type of work do you do: Physical TherapistFavorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? bake/cook, during the summer enjoy the water and being out on the boat, spend time with friendsFavorite Band?? Don't really have one, if we change it to TV show I'd say Glee and I'm SURE some of the other knotties will agree with me!!
  • strawberrycrzstrawberrycrz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your Name: KimFI/DH's name: AdamWedding Date: Nov. 27, 2010How long have you been posting/lurking: Dec 2008What type of work do you do: civil engineeringFavorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? spend time with familyFavorite Band?? i'm not really sure i have one
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not new but I'll respond since I still post here :) Your Name: JessicaFI/DH's name: WillWedding Date: 8-29-09How long have you been posting/lurking: 1 1/2 yearsWhat type of work do you do: AccountantFavorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? go on the Nest, lol. Baking, cooking, hosting parties.Favorite Band?? I can't really think of a 'favorite' I like many types of music, not really obsessed with any one band.
  • edited December 2011
    Your Name: taylorFI/DH's name: joeWedding Date: 09/18/10How long have you been posting/lurking: january :-)What type of work do you do: social workFavorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? save all the homeless animals! -volunteering at the local shelter/rescuesFavorite Band? i love most types of music, but Pat Green , DMB, Sprinsteen & E street band all come to mind now.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Your Name: TaraFI/DH's name: JeremyWedding Date: 9/26/09How long have you been posting/lurking: September 2008What type of work do you do: Work as a staff member at a big law firm. Favorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? Watch movies on our new LCD tv. Favorite Band?? Interpol.
  • edited December 2011
    Since I do still post here sometimes, I figure I should chime in :)Your Name: SarahFI/DH's name: BillWedding Date: 10/11/2008How long have you been posting/lurking: since May 2008 (I think)What type of work do you do: software developer/engineerFavorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? baking, organizing, crafting, Nesting, watching tv

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • ajerome21ajerome21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your Name: AngieFI/DH's name: TonyWedding Date: 06/04/2010How long have you been posting/lurking: Aug. 2009What type of work do you do: criminal justiceFavorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? spend time with family and friends and of course FIFavorite Band? don't really have a favorite.
  • robynjdmrobynjdm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your Name:  RobynFI/DH's name: JasonWedding Date:  July, 2010How long have you been posting/lurking:  lurking since '06, posting since yesterdayWhat type of work do you do:  journalistFavorite thing to do when you're not on theknot?  dining out; shopping!!!; reading
  • edited December 2011
    I'm an Old Married Lady now, but I since I'm still posting, I'll re-intro myself...Your Name:  AndreaFI/DH's name:  RyanWedding Date:  10/10/09How long have you been posting/lurking:  Since Nov. 08What type of work do you do:  Marketing/HRFavorite thing to do when you're not on theknot?  cook/bake, watch tvFavorite Band??  I'd have to say DMB, but I listen to almost everything and anything
  • kmiller1012kmiller1012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been lurking for awhile so thanks for posting this, and getting me to introduce myself.  Your Name: KristinFI/DH's name: ToddWedding Date: March 13, 2010How long have you been posting/lurking: about a 1 1/2 monthsWhat type of work do you do: Recently went back to schoolFavorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? Playing sports, and hanging out w/friends and familyFavorite Band?? Not sure I have a favorite, usually changes from time to time.  But I love country music.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Amy52582Amy52582 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay, this is fun!Your Name: AmyFI/DH's name: Dino   Wedding Date: 8/21/10How long have you been posting/lurking: posting for a few weeks, lurking off and on for a few years :-PWhat type of work do you do: Project Management for MedicareFavorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? cooking, eating out, watching movies, spend time with the familyFavorite Band?? Bon Jovi, Journey, Billy Joel - pretty much anything 80s
  • edited December 2011
    Your Name: SolmazFI/DH's name: TomWedding Date: March 27, 2010How long have you been posting/lurking: Since Aug 09What type of work do you do: CommunicationsFavorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? Cook, hike, knit and crochetFavorite Band?? The beatles, The who, bob dylan, bob marley
  • bethybeachbethybeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not really new either...Your Name: BethFI/DH's name: PaulWedding Date: Dec. 5, 2009How long have you been posting/lurking: off and on for a whileWhat type of work do you do: accounting manager at a universityFavorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? I would have to say danceFavorite Band?? it changes but I am mostly into county, Sugarland and Lady antebelum (sp)are great right now.
  • edited December 2011
    You don't have to be new to introduce yourself - all you old posters can use this so the newbies know who you are too
  • AlmostSummerAlmostSummer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your Name: Hannah FI/DH's name: Dan Wedding Date: 11/21/09 How long have you been posting/lurking: I've posted a few "cries for help" but other than that, not much. I've only had 3 months to plan, so i haven't had time to ooh and ahhh over everyone's ideas. What type of work do you do: Education Favorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? SLEEP! I'm down to the wire with this whole "wedding" thing, so a good nap or 8+ hour night is amazing! Favorite Band?? Um... that's tough, so I'll just answer the "Matt Nathanson" channel on Pandora. I love it!
  • trikeikotrikeiko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your Name: ReganFI/DH's name: GregWedding Date: tentatively May 21, 2011How long have you been posting/lurking: I'm newly engaged so about a week...What type of work do you do: logistics analystFavorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? anything outside or that involves being around great friends and of course the HTB (i'm not a fan of the word fiance!)Favorite Band?? definitely varies on a daily basis along with the genre spanning from rock to country to pop....i like it all!
  • amberb19amberb19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm kind of new, posted a few times but never introduced myself.Your Name: AmberFI/DH's name: IssamWedding Date: 5/30/2010How long have you been posting/lurking: Since Aug 09ishWhat type of work do you do: ResearchFavorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? Run, eat & drink :)Favorite Band?? Hard to pick- Pete Yorn, Vampire Weekend, ColdplayAnd anything else you'd like to share- Thanks for all the help everyone has been providing!
  • edited December 2011
    Your Name: DeniseFI/DH's name: DonWedding Date: not set in stone, but looking at 04/30/11How long have you been posting/lurking: since AugustWhat type of work do you do: Animal CareFavorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? baking, watching TV, spending time with my kittiesFavorite Band?? current faves are Journey, One Republic, Taylor Swift
    Visit The Knot!
  • keer38keer38 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your Name: Carrie FI/DH's name: Matt Wedding Date: June 5, 2010 How long have you been posting/lurking: April 2009 What type of work do you do: university admin- send students on study abroad Fave thing to do: go out to dinner, hang out with friends, wine club, travel, to go tthe beach Music: I love it all
  • edited December 2011
    Your Name: Tiffany DH's Name: Shane Wedding Date: 10/24/09 How long have you been posting/lurking: September '08 What type of work do you do?: teacher Favorite thing to do when you're not on the knot?: I'm on the nest a lot now, working out, running, trying new restaurants with DH, playing with our pit bull Favorite Band: I like a lot, but DMB, Counting Crows, and the Beatles stand out a bit.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Your Name: CarolineFI/DH's name: KevinWedding Date: 7/16/2010How long have you been posting/lurking: Wellllll, I started lurking on the Not Engaged Yet board around January '09, discovered this board in about March/April '09 (those girls on the NEY board were kinda mean and snarky!), and then starting posting and being active on here in late June '09 when we got engaged.  What type of work do you do: in graduate school for nursing- graduating December 10th woo hoo!  applying for jobs on all types of units (labor and delivery, pediatric ICU, adult IMCs, med-surg, etc.)Favorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? hang out with FI, working out as much as I can, be around family and friendsFavorite Band??  don't have one... this time of year I love Michael Buble, Rod Stewart, Frank Sinatra... and around T-giving I will start listening to Xmas music and that's the only thing I'll listen to until after New Years (yep I'm a dweeb)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • edited December 2011
    Your Name: HelenFI/DH's name: JimWedding Date: 5/29/10How long have you been posting/lurking: not quite sure...a while!What type of work do you do: med studentFavorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? sleepFavorite Band?? i love ingrid michaelson right now!i just wanted to add that i'm very jealous of you guys that can have cats--leave it to me to marry someone with an allergy :(
  • edited December 2011
    Your Name:       AlexandraFI/DH's name:    MarkWedding Date:   5/15/10How long have you been posting/lurking:   May 2009What type of work do you do:   Opera SingerFavorite thing to do when you're not on theknot?   make soap, play with my puppy, fixing up my houseFavorite Band??    currently listening to Pink MartiniThanks for making this thread, Tree!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • tracy_ktracy_k member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your Name: TracyFI/DH's name: TonyWedding Date: 2/27/10How long have you been posting/lurking: About June/July 2009?What type of work do you do: CommunicationsFavorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? Bake, cook, knit, sing, read, hike, watch TVFavorite Band?? Too many to pick just one. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi All, I have posted here once. I just got engaged in July, so I'm sure in the months to come I'll have all sorts of questions :-) Thanks in advance for the advice!Your Name: BrieFI/DH's name: GregWedding Date: September, 25, 2010How long have you been posting/lurking: about 2 monthsWhat type of work do you do: Graphic Design (can't wait to design my wedding invites!)Favorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? I love to hike and run (and I just finished my first half-marathon)Favorite Band?? Bob Dylan and The Beatles (among so many others)
    Married Bio!

"Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans." -John Lennon
  • edited December 2011
    Good idea Tree!  Another ol' married lady here....Your name: TiffanyDH: JohnWedding Date: May 17, 2009How long have you been posting? Feb 2009ishWhat type of work: Med studentFavorite thing to do when you're not on theknot: Catch up on sleep or play with my kitty, OliverFavorite Band: I too like Ingrid Michaelson, also Yea, Yea Yeas, Bright Eyes, Dashboard Confessional, Tegan and Sara
  • UMD_MegUMD_Meg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone! Your Name: Megan Wedding Date: April 2010 How long have you been posting/lurking: around July/August on and off this year What type of work do you do: marketing Favorite thing to do when you're not on theknot? baking, playing piano, traveling Favorite Band?? depends on the season and my mood
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards