Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Alright Girls!

Pimp your Photographers here.... websites if you have them... Im looking for a friend :) around the 2000 dollar mark .. I love reccomendations. If your photographer was more then 2000 tell me why you think adding extra to our budget to use your amazing photographer is a must! I really loved studio blue but they arent available on our date TIA

Re: Alright Girls!

• LolaBelle515LolaBelle515 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We love our photographer, Laura Ivanova.  We originally budgeted $1500...but went with Laura at $2150 (for 8 hours...she does have shorter packages as well and this includes engagement pictures and rights to the pictures on CD) because we completely fell in love with her style.  She's very artistic, creates interesting poses, and does excellent editing and cropping to her photos.She's VERY highly recommended by dozens of brides on The Knot--I would definitely check her out!www.lauraivanova.comAs her client, I do know that she is photographing in Italy for the next two weeks, so I don't know what her email response time is for the next two weeks. :)Good luck finding the perfect photographer!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Barclay Horner!! He is artistic and very passionate about what he does.  He is accommodating to what you want, and just updated his packages/offerings.  We had teaser pics up 4 days after the wedding, our images just a few weeks later than promised (along with a gift card for having to wait longer than he said), and most importantly, fantastic photos!!barclayhorner dot smugmug dot com 
  • edited December 2011
    I love ours so far. We have our e-pics this weekend on Sunday so I will be posting those in my bio after I get those back. She is super under priced right now since she's getting out on her own and building her portfolio after working for some amount of years with another studio. Her link to her blog is in my bio under vendors.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ben Berndt Photography.  I can't say enough good things about Ben (but I tried in my vendor review in my bio).  I'm waiting "patiently" for the wedding pictures, but I have some e-pics in my bio if you want to see some examples.  benberndtphotography.com Dana Schoppe is also pretty good, and a little more affordable.  She's not as experienced as Ben (she was a second for Tony Scudario who back in the day was a second for Ben), but she has a great personality and creative eye. dschoppe.smugmug.com
  • MariaJoshMariaJosh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kristen Prosser. I think her price is close to the $2000 mark. We had her for the whole day and we got a CD with images and the rights to those images. She also made us a photo book. www.kristenannephotography.com
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    O'Halloran Photography!  The package we chose was a little over 2k, but it included two photographers, all day coverage, an extra session (engagement, boudior, etc), rights to all the images and an album.  Most of all, he is a great photographer and we're glad he was part of our day.  He is willing to adjust his packages, so he could probably easily meet your budget.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Our photographer is GREAT.  However, she is moving to CA next fall.  So if your friend's wedding is before that I would look into Colleen Eide.http://www.colleeneidephotography.com/blog/Her packages are really reasonable and she is so nice.  Very down to earth.  Easy to connect and have a good time with!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MsCrispyMsCrispy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Imagen International - http://imagenbyalexdeltoro.com/gallery.htmlPackages are around $1,100 and include all day on the wedding day and two other shoots.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers o
  • edited December 2011
    I love our photographer, Callie V Photography. We have done several shoots with her already (e-pics, boudoir, and I did a sister shoot with my sis). When shooting she is really personable and flexible about the shooting time, location, etc. She has a huge passion for what she does and it shows through her actions and work. Her price is $1800 for ALL day, e-pics, editing, rights to images, cd of all images, etc. She is also offering a photo booth with her photography services that is $450 I think, which is super nice because most photobooths we looked at were $1000-$1400.www.calliev.comwww.callievblog.com
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • leahluleahlu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Ling Photography. I am paying about 2000 for 8 hours of photography and Ai does amazing work. She is very prompt in responding to emails and calls and she was fun to work with. www.lingfoto.com
  • supersalwasupersalwa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paige DeWees was our photographer, and we loved her and her work. She was over $2K, but her packages aren't set in stone. Photography was a priority for us and we were looking for a very specific look/feel. Her work speaks for itself (pics in bios) and she was fantastic to work with throughout the whole process.
  • 2beMrsD2beMrsD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Laura Ivanova. She also offers off-season discounts (good for us) and less expensive packages for less time needed.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much girls! I cant wait to start sifting through the options!! How are your guys' wedding plans going? Back in the day.. well 2007-2008 I was on this same board.. It seemed like there were more people but they all since moved on to the local boards..
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Our photographer was 1900 but that includes unlimited time.. 2 photographers and cd with copyright to all of your picts plus like a 300$ credit toward a photobook. Also shem.. who is the owner took our picts.. he is incredible.. super fun and makes you feel very comfortable :)http://www.uniquetouchphotography.com/guestbook.html
  • periippaperiippa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We paid more than that, but I think it's TOTALLY worth it. Our photographer (Spencer Combs) just seems to stand out among the rest. His prices start in the $3,000+ range.
  • edited December 2011
    JM Photography Jessica was amazing through the entire process.Great communication, always very friendly and quick to reply. On the wedding day she was everywhere. We got so many amazing shots from our day-she really captured it so beautifully. She was fun to have around and very calming. She got a ton of great candids as well as the "posed" photos I wanted. Her style is just very timeless and elegant. I'd highly recommend checking her out! http://www.jmphotomn.com
  • edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend both JM photography and Laura Ivanova.  I had booked JM Photography because I had fallen in love with not just Jessica's work...but with Jessica herself!  I was lucky in the fact that Laura Ivanova was the 2nd shooter at my wedding and felt very blessed.Both ladies are fantastic both at what they do and in who they are!!!  You'd be blessed with either.JM Photography's most expensive package is well above 2k now, but I would pay it in a heartbeat.  She made me and my husband so at ease through the whole process and she gave me pictures beyond my wildest dreams!www.jmphotomn.comwww.lauraivanova.com
  • arms0151arms0151 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Vick Photography. He was amazing to work with and his work is well worth the price. He is over the $2000 mark that you were looking for, but take a look at his blog to see his work. He was the winner of the MN Bride best photgrapher for 2008. www.vickphotography.com
  • EmmalynjEmmalynj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We'll be using Graddy Photography and love them! I knew I wanted two photographers and totally fell in love with their style because I really want more candid pictures rather than posed pictures. I am paying just a little over 2000 for 8 hours but got a good deal since my wedding is in the winter and because I booked with them a long time ago. I think their prices are higher now but still worth checking out for sure. www.graddyphotography.com Also try Olive Juice Studios. I liked their stuff too!
  • likr0401likr0401 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jackie Boldt of Live and Love Studios!!!! Jackie is AMAZING! Check out her website and blog-- you'll see she is completely worth every penny. I've never gotten more compliments than for our E-pics that Jackie took! www.liveandlovestudios.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards