Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Hair Salons in Woodbury

I'm getting married in Woodbury next July and am starting to think about where to get my hair and make up done before the wedding.  I'm also thinking about paying for my bridesmaid's hair (and possibly make up) as part of my gift to them.  So, I'm looking for someplace that does a good job and is affordable.  Anybody have any ideas?  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hair Salons in Woodbury

• edited December 2011
    I don't have any recs, but I just wanted to say that it would be very nice of you to offer to pay for your girls' hair and make-up...but it wouldn't be their gift...hair and make-up for your wedding is not a gift, it's just a nice gesture that will make your wedding pics look nice. If you do pay for their hair and make-up, great, but just remember that that isn't their gift!
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • jtothelee216jtothelee216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I get my hair done at Salon Ultimo in Woodbury. I would recommend them.
  • madtownkellymadtownkelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't imply that this was the only thing I'm doing for my bridesmaid's, just part of the total expense or gift.  If I pay for my bridesmaid's hair and makeup, I won't be spending as much on what I actually give them (probably a necklace).  That's all I meant in calling it a gift..given the financial situation of a few of my bridesmaids, I'm sure they'd prefer I spend part of they money on something they would have done anyways and limit their overall expense for the wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I go to Spalon Montage in Woodbury and they are great. I'm not sure what their prices are for special occasion hair and such, though. I'd check their website to get a ballpark. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I grew up in Woodbury and can personally recommend Salon Ultimo and Spalon Montage. Both do spa services too so if you wanted to do mani/pedis they can take care of you at either.  Its been a while since I've been to Salon Ultimo but I'd presume that they'd be similar in price
  • edited December 2011
    I really like the Rocco Altobelli salon in Woodbury (Tamarack Village). Definitely recommend them!
  • MariaJoshMariaJosh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Studio 99 in Oakdale is great! It's off of 10th and Helmo not too far from Woodbury, the prices are reasonable and they do a fantastic job!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'd highly recommend Lynsie from Rocco Altobelli in WBY for your hair!!!  She's one of their lead gals and teaches over at their training facility (she JUST moved back to doing some hair at WBY).  Just knowing how she's pulled my hair from an absolute horror to how it is now is a feat unto itself (6mo before our wedding the stylist at a different salon I had been going to TOTALLY wrecked my hair style - think mullet - and Lynsie did my wedding hair and you'd never know what she had to work with vs. how great it came out, needless to say I've been loyal ever since)..One idea is to check out a stylist and see if they'll hire out to go on-site for your wedding instead of having to go to a salon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards