New Hampshire
Options

Southern NH

I have a timing issue with my ceremony and reception. My ceremony is in MA at 2:00 and our reception, at Atkinson Country Club, does not start cocktail hour until 6:00. We are having a full mass and receiving line so I'm guessing we will be out of the church by 3:30. Our church is about 35 minutes from Atkinson Country Club so my guests will be in NH around 4:00. My question is can anyone suggest anything in the Atkinson, NH area for guests to do during that gap. I wanted to provide something in the invitations about local coffee shops, attractions, etc. Is anyone else facing this issue and how did or are your handling the time gap? I know how inconvenient gaps our for guests, but since our church only allows weddings at 2:00 and 5:30 due to the 4:00 Mass. we had to do 2:00 since our reception is starting at 6:00. I am just trying to find a way to show the guests I really thought about them.

Re: Southern NH

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there in May.  America's Stonehenge is very close.  We stopped by, but it wasn't open.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of any attractions in that area, but is there anyway that ACC can move up the start time of your reception, even if just by an hour?
  • Options
    hbyrne31hbyrne31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They do have afternoon weddings from 12-5pm so they won't start my wedding until 6pm. If they let me start at 5pm I probably won't know until last minute.
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to a wedding at the Music Hall in Meuthen and the reception was at the ACC. There was a bit of a gap inbetween, we hung out at a friends house and then went to the ACC. The room wasn't open yet so we went and got drinks in the bar at one of the resturants there. It wasn't awful and it killed some time.
  • Options
    knwithamknwitham member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is my timing: Ceremony (no mass) @ Sacred Hearts in Bradford @ 5:30 Reception @ Atkinson 6:30-11:30 **I was thinking our ceremony will be 5:30-6, and then give everyone enough time to drive over to ACC, it's a pretty short drive about 15 minutes. If there is time to kill I will have my family tell everyone to hang out in the bar for a little bit. Where is your ceremony? Is there anything around there for people to do?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where in MA? There is more to do in Haverhill than there is near ACC. I would check out stuff around there. I know there is a bar called "The Tap" that has a function room - could you have them do hors d'ouevres?
  • Options
    hbyrne31hbyrne31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The church is St.Patrick's in Stoneham, MA. Maybe I can have something at a bar or restaraunt around there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yea there isn't much in Atkinson.... there are definietly places in Haverhill, which isn't too far from ACC and there is Unos & Applebee's on Rt 125 in Plaistow which isn't too far from ACC There is dunkin donuts, starrbucks and heavenly donuts on 125 as well...but no non-chain places (you mentioned coffee shops)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would have drinks and appetizers somewhere... there is NOTHING to do in atkinson lol. Trust me, i live in the next town over. You might be able to do drinks at Brookstone, or somewhere like that. Atkinson has the other part to, the stagecoach grill, maybe you can have your guests have drinks there for an hour and a half and just mingle? Give your guests something to do though, because that is a big gap. My ceremony is going to start at 4, and the reception is going to start at 6, (my church & reception site are 5 mins from eachother) I want enough time for a recieving line, and to not feel hurried, people always take their time and are slow anyways.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards