Nebraska-Omaha

Vendor Reviews 10-10-09

Hello to all! Just wanted to post a few reviews of our wedding from the 10th! It was a beautiful day! Minus the depressing snow in the morning of course! It was an Out of town wedding for almost all of the guests and planning it from a far was a breeze with all of my vendors! Reception-Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites-Council Bluffs, IA-(Ameristar)-Serena the catering manager was absolutely wonderful to work with! I was amazed at what they did with all the decorations! It turned out beautifully. They had another wedding there that night as well, ours was the smaller one, (60ppl), so when we arrived there after pictures about 5 pm they were still setting up a bit, and she apologized profusely. The bar staff and wait staff were wonderful! Food was delicious! DJ- Musiclinc-Jeff- He was alot of fun to work with! Our MC as well for the evening! He was very responsive to us and worked well with our crowd of people, who some were not all dancers! Hair& Makeup-Marcia- Marcia and her crew were awesome! Myself and my bridesmaids loved having them around! It was nice to have them there in the morning to lift our spirits(Darn snow....) I am very pleased with how our hair and makeup turned out!! I balled during the ceremony and thank goodnesss for the waterproof stuff! LOL! Flowers-A Country Rose- I moved here not too long ago and actually my flowers came from where I moved from. They were preserved roses that are absolutely beautiful and no one could tell the difference! They lasted even during a 15 hour drive (2 days) in my parents vechile to Omaha! I can give any of you the website if you like! My bouquet is currently in a vase on my dining room table! First Impressions Photography-Maureen and her sister were wonderful to work with! I cannot wait to see the pictures! Cake-HyVee(Papillion)-(I think her name is Kathy!) She has an extremely good memory! I went into view some of their cakes and get pricing back in April when I visited, I called closer to the wedding about ordering a cake and she remembered me! Anyways, the cake tasted great! Only problem is we had to cut it earlier than anticipated...must have been warm in the reception room as it started to look like the leaning tower of pisa....LOL! Men's Wearhouse-Omaha- They were great! Only bad thing was that out of the 3 tuxes rented every single one of them had something wrong with them! They either fixed the problem right away or had to order a new size of pant or stitch something up. My husbands pant was ripped, his best man's pants were miles too big, and his groomsmans pants were too short! (His groomsman & bestman were mearsured in GA, and tuxes sent to Omaha store). Congratulations to all the recent October brides!

Re: Vendor Reviews 10-10-09

• edited December 2011
    Oops I forgot someone! Linda Lee- I just moved to the Omaha area and my dress came with me! It was very wrinkled from the move! I called drycleaner and they call quoted me anywhere from 40-90 dollars! I just wanted it steamed, not cleaned! Anyways, Linda Lee had my dress ready for me in 1 day and it only cost $15!!
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear it turned out well! I used Marcia and crew, too and loved them!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards