Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

St. Paul Salon's

I am new to the message boards so please be patient with me. My sister is getting Married in January 2010 and I am getting married in June 2010. We are both looking for a salon in St. Paul (or close to St. Paul) to get updo's and possibly make-up. We both need to allow for about 8 people getting their hair/makeup done. Where would you suggest? We are looking for something priced reasonable. I know of a few salons that charge approximately $70.00 a piece and don't want to suject my bridesmaids to that if I can avoid it. Ideally we would both like to use the same salon. Thanks.

Re: St. Paul Salon's

• hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had mine done at Shear Genius.  It's just north of 694 on Rice.  I think there are two stylists there.  They charge by time, so my bm ended up paying about $35 I think.  Mine was $70 because it took a full hour.  Kim is my regular stylist, and I LOVE her.  More info in my bio and trial pics under Attire.
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As another option, you may want to look at Smart and Chic (smartandchicbeauty.com). They do on-site hair/makeup, but I also have 8 girls that need to get their hair done and we decided this might be easier as they can all come to my parents house, we can drink mimosas, and get ready all together. They are very reasonably priced as well.
  • edited December 2011
    We went to Details Salon-they have a location in DT St Paul or in the Highland Park area. We went DT and had a great experience. I think my girls updos were about $50ish? Not too out there.
  • LolaBelle515LolaBelle515 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also going with Smart and Chic ($55 a bridesmaid) and have heard wonderful things.  Warning, I just booked my May wedding with them and they had only one stylist left, so you might need to move quickly if you go with them.   HOwever, many people in St. Paul love Ficacello's on Snelling (at Randolph).  I do not know they updo prices, but they do an excellent job and come highly recommended. You might want to check them out!  (They have a training salon and a regular salon, so make sure you get the one you want). Good luck!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Detail Salon in Highland is closed.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Smart and Chic and loved them. I get my hair done at Phresh Salon on Grand Ave. and am always really impressed. Check them out :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I go to Estetica salon (Aveda salon) and I love it.  They have a lot of girls there so they could accomodate 8 people easily I think.  Its a great atmosphere too...I'd go there for my wedding if it was feasible but it is too far!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards