Wedding Reception Forum

Let's talk signature drinks!

Ideas/Inspirations... Names? Are you doing one? Or two or three? ;) Please share!

Re: Let's talk signature drinks!

• We did a Champagne Bar with 4 signature champagne cocktails - Perfect Pear, Diamond Fizz, Something Blue, Blushing Bride. Recipes in my planning bio under reception and pics in my Married bio!
  • I'm getting married on 10/10/10, so we're planning on doing a "top ten" drink list, but i've also heard of doing, something new, something old, something borrowed and something blue, and I thought that was a really good idea. We might even include it as part of our 10.
  • We're doing Gin Funoozies! It's a lemon / lime drink with gin, and it's an old family recipe! :)
  • i've also heard of doing, something new, something old, something borrowed and something blue, and I thought that was a really good idea.I think I may steal this one ... it would make it possible to have liquor and some selection, without trying to count the number of gin/scotch/vodka/whatever drinkers.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • We're considering adding a couple of martinis to our beer and wine package: Vesper martinis for him and chocolate martinis for me.  I hate cutesy cocktail names as a guest (especially when it's a cutesy name for a standard drink) so we're just calling them what they are.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • We had one. It was made up of honey lemonade, St Germaine & topped with champagne. Being the Simpsons freaks we are -- it was lovingly named the "Dalai Lamanade" -- was a huge hit.
  • Our inspiration was pretty simple.  Since we can't have our two cats at the wedding we decided to honor them with a cocktail (they ARE our family after all). We refer to them as our Muffinheads, so we named our cocktail the Muffinhead Martini. The cocktail nampkins will have the recipe (still TBD) printed on them.
  • i'm planning on doing one - basically a lemon drop martini with an orange/ginger lolipop i'm making in them for garnish. Thinking of calling them "golden pearls" to play with his last name...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards