California-Los Angeles

WTF Wednesday

I can't believe we haven't had any WTFs yet today! I guess I'll start:- So after we got all the RSVPs squared away two weekends ago, I thought I was done with FFIL being a pain in the butt about it. Then FI gets a phone call on Monday and FFIL wants to know how many open spots we have and if he can invite more. That's less than 2 weeks from the wedding day!!! Thankfully FI told him that yes we got declines, but we are happy with the size of the guest list. Then after that there was a big mess where one person went from RSVPing "no", to "coming with an uninvited guest" and then back to a "no" again all within 3 hours... I mean seriously WTF!- One of my bridesmaids may be sick with the H1N1 virus!!! I'm really scared because I had a friend pass away from the illness at the end of last month. I hope she gets better soon.- I really, really, really dislike my co-workers. It seems that everytime something changes, they won't adapt to a new and better way of doing things so I get screwed trying to find a way around the new system and make it like the old one. I mean what is the point of upgrading if all it does is add more work for me and change nothing for everyone else?!Wow, I feel better, haha. Your turn!

Re: WTF Wednesday

• SMHubbardSMHubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have one more to add...- I just looked at the extended forecast for Burbank and it's supposed to rain on the Friday before the wedding. I have a back up plan for rain, but let's hope that Saturday is clear!!!
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just one WTF that I want to share...I went to go look at a venue this weekend and I got a chance to see it set up. When I took FI there last night, it was just set up with tables and chairs. It was a completely different look. FI said its nice but he still wants to keep looking. Im ready to put the deposit already because I am so nervouse about something booking 10-10-10 there. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!The prices are GREAT especially with the guest list that we have...they have a special on Sundays which is all inclusive and we are NOT going to find something like that...
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear those WTF's girls =\ My WTF this week, is having to deal with my aunt. She knows about all the stress I'm carrying and it seems like if she doesnt care and wants to add more to the pile. She calls me to tell me that if my cousins mom goes to the wedding, she's not going because she has had "beef" with her all her life (my cousins mom was married to my aunts brother, they got divorsed but she is still nice to me and not only that I already sent her an STD!!! and the new wife of my uncle doesnt even care if she goes, she told me.) So What the hut am I supposed to do?AHHHHHHHHH WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    edited December 2011
    also.... TYsWife- You better get with it, you should talk to him about how fast that day can get booked! People always book those same digit dates fast!! So you should convice your hunnybun ASAP. GL!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TyesWife2Be - I remember how anxious I was to book our venue too. You have to be quick at getting the place you love. When I was still looking at places over a year before hand, my date was already booked at some of the places! Vans - Sorry you are dealing with unreasonable family. I don't know what it is about weddings that make people feel like it is their time to be selfish. I suggest you guys go get some champagne. My co-workers (not the previously mentioned ones, those work in a different office) just surprised me with some champagne and cheese cake in honor of my wedding :) It's amazing how much better you feel with some champagne in you.
  • edited December 2011
    sounds like we're having a bad week, i hope everything works out ladies. my wtf concerns flowers. i got a quote from commerce flowers today that totally beat the crap out of my previous quote from a different florist. it was half the price! i'm thrilled, of course. BUT...what if i didn't want to shop around? what if i wanted to stay with the original florist, who does all of our flowers for like funerals and graduations. that sucks! i would have paid double! phew.
  • ericaberryyericaberryy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wWas suppose to do my epics tomorrow but ive got the flu. wtf why couldnt i get sick next week. im off work for a week :(
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Ay, Amor, Tu Eres Mi Religion.... -MANA Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    SMHubbard: I am in the same boat as you since we are getting married on the 7th too and  at you venues sister restaurant, The Odyssey! FI checked the weather this morning and we were scrambling trying to find a plan B for our rehearsal dinner the night before, but then checked accuweather.com and they give you a 15 day forecast, with the 6th having slight showers and the 7th being chilly but clear - keep that website for further  weather checks!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a dry 6th and 7th! :)I don't have any WTF's - is that wierd? Especially since i'm getting married in 10 days!
  • dlx81dlx81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow crystal i can't believe no WTF from you, i'd be freaking out if my wedding was in 10 days! Good Job!okay here goes mine...my wedding is in 80 something days...our living situation is pretty much set, FI's parents live with him and I'm moving in. We can't afford to move out. WTF am i going to do about MIL???? My mom is pretty hands off I do what I want, his mom is the opposite. She's always up in the mix. I don't think I can do it! Cold feet? Talk about frozen feet. The very idea of living with MIL makes me want to run for the hills.Oh no 80 something more days :(Happy WTF Wednesday!
  • edited December 2011
    MY WTF- not NWR , I still have a job (YAY) but man was I busy today no chance to get online and I'm exhausted :( I think my eyes are closing as I'm typing this...yawn!
  • edited December 2011
    Here is my WTF: 2 nights ago I got a Random text, from an ex co-worker girl I use to work with about 2 years ago. I have not seen her since I left, or spoke to her, aside from textes here and there just saying, how are you, ect... Well, I guess she found out that I invited 3 of my friends that use to work there as well, that I occasionally have dinner and hang out with, and so she textes me: Thank you for NOT sending me an Invite to your wedding, have a great time, good night..... I read it, deleted it, and started laughing! Seriously, people:: WTF was that? Second WTF: We are having my cousin & his wife bring up the "Arras" at the Ceremony, well, They need to be there on the day of the rehersal. I e-mailed his wife, since she is out of state, I let her know that she will need to try and make it to rehersal: she tell me:: I dont think I need to be there, whats so hard about walking down the asile, and then walking up stage to give the "Arras" to you guys?? WTF???? && their daughter is one of our FlowerGirls, and well if she dosent come, the lil one wont be here either! Argh!!!!!! So Over it!
  • edited December 2011
    WTF at how many random gifts we got that weren't on our registry. We have no use for them and there were no gift receipts so we can't return them. I mean any gift is appreciated because it's the though that counts, but we have things left on the registry we actually need and this stuff will either sit in a closet or be donated. Some was real weird too.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    crystal: Yay! I'm glad to see that the weather is supposed to be nice for the 7th! Let's hope it stays that way :) And happy 9 days left, woohoo!!
  • edited December 2011
    SMHubbard: I checked again today, yahoo's forecast says 60% chance of rain Friday, then sunny Saturday. I don't know about you but if it MUST rain one day, i'd rather it be Friday night, even with a rehearsal! :)Happy 9 days to you too!!!
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    edited December 2011
    Melistar- that is super funny! Same kinda thing happened to me, I called one of my ex-coworker who I've talked to for over 4 years and so I called for her addy to send her the STD and she tells me that some other girl who I only talked to at work for 6 months saying that if she's invited and she BETTER be invited. I just giggled and made no comment. OMG c'mon I hate when people just invite themselves, don't they feel weird doing that?! I also get messages on myspace telling "Hey B I better be invited to the wedding"....I just nod my head...I can't believe it.
  • meghanerhartmeghanerhart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My WTF is i am getting married in 37 days and have H1N1 and am really starting to freak out about how im going to get everything done in time. My 2nd WTF is why hasnt my bridesmaid booked her flight for the wedding??? Money is not an issue, but like i swear if anything happens and she doesnt make it out in time, I will fly to Texas to kick her butt before i go on my honeymoon. UGH!   SM-- Im on day 5 of h1n1 and am feeling better, tell your bridesmaid to rest rest rest thats all you can really do.
  • dlx81dlx81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh meghanerhart, hope you feel better. someone at FI's work got h1n1 also, but they wouldn't disclose who.get lots of rest and get well!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    meghanerhart - Oh no, sorry to hear you are sick, but glad to hear that you are getting better. I hope that you get better very soon! I'm sure you will have plenty of time to get everything done, so don't stress over it; you need to rest and relax :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards