California-Northern
Options

Photography Rec Needed

I'm getting married in Marin County and need a photographer.  I was considering having a friend who is a good hobby photographer do it, but I'm kind of reconsidering that and wanting someone who is actually professional.Anyone have a great rec?Note: both venues are indoors.  There are nice outdoor areas on the church grounds for photos, but I need someone who works well in the lighting of the church, which is very pretty with large stained glass windows.  I'm in love with the chapel, and I really want it shown off well, but most photographers have outdoor photos on their sites.

Re: Photography Rec Needed

• Options
    amwot8amwot8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Albert Lau (www.alauphoto.com). He's based in Walnut Creek, but travels (our wedding was in SF). I think he's on the pricery side, but we both felt he was well worth the money. He was great to work with on the day of.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Debbie Norman at Lily Rose is amazing! You can see some of her work in my married bio. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Ille Photography.  He's in Roseville but has done weddings in the South Bay so I know he travels. (we're in the south bay too.)  He has already shot a wedding in the mission we're getting married in and the lighting in the pics look good.  If you're interested check out www.illephotography.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jodi Yorston is awesome! She's down to earth, personable, and does great work.  www.byjyp.com to see her website.  To see my engagement photos you can go to my website www.ZamoraHanes.com and look at the gallery.  I dont have my wedding photos up yet but I'm getting so many complements about them!  Tell her that Briana told you about her services and she may offer you a discount! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Mark Bauer at www.thebauerstudios.com. He will travel pretty much anywhere- he is based out of Sacramento, but traveled to the bay area to take our engagement and wedding pictures.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Dawn Stoloff (and her husband) and they were terrific! The pictures came out gorgeous and she seems to work with lighting really well. Her site is: http://www.dawnstoloff.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards