Florida-North Florida
Options

Vendor Review

I have only made a few posts on here throughout my engagement but I thought that you all might like a vendor review from my 10/11/09 Jacksonville wedding! I hope this helps!Venue: Palm Valley Garden A++This place is absolutely stunning! They were reasonably priced and allowed us to bring in our own liquor and caterer which saved us a ton! We had a Sunday night wedding and they allowed us to have the rehearsal whenever we wanted on Saturday and allowed us to start dropping off decor and alcohol as early as Friday. They have antique furniture throughout the estate that you can use and arrange it however you like. They were extremely accomodating and easy to work with.Caterer: D'Vine Cuisine A+++++++I can not say enough nice things about Hope and everyone else who works for D'Vine Cuisine. I was on a tight budget and she was so willing to work with me to create a menu that accomodated it. The food was AMAZING! It was hands down the best wedding food I have ever had if you can even classify it as that, it was a huge hit! She also brought along 5 servers who did an amazing job. Best of all she made us a basket with some of the horderves, main entree, and wedding cake to take to the hotel with us when we left! She really went above and beyond!Photographer: Oeil Photograhy A+Michelle was great to work with! She did an amazing job with our engagement pics and although I have only seen previews of the wedding pics I know that they will be just as great. Follow this link to see the previews:http://oeilphotography.blogspot.com/2009/10/britney-philip-ponte-vedra-jacksonville.htmlVideographer: Brent Nichlaysen DI found Brent on Craigslist. He advertised that he is a TV cameraman with tons of experience and will do up to 8 hours or ceremony and reception coverage for $300. After I told him that I would like to book him he told me it would then be an extra $300 to edit. I passed on the editting because I just needed basic video. He a little early to video us getting ready but really just got in the way of my photographer and me getting pictures with my bridesmaids. He seemed fine throughout the rest of the night unitl he asked for payment from my mom after only 4 hours and left without videoing the bouquet toss, garter toss, or our exit. We picked up the DVD today and he offered nothing to rectify his mistake. He simply said that he thought the night was over because we were all dancing. He didn't think that getting video of "my drunken college friends dancing" was important or worth watching and assumed we weren't doing a toss because we didn;t do it directly after cutting the cake.Ceremony Musician: Richard Kuncicky A+I found him from a review from a wedding on this board. He plays the accoustic guitar and was priced at only $150. The music was beautiful and I thought that it was worth every penny :)I know that this was long but I hope that it helps some of you! Good luck with the wedding planning!

Re: Vendor Review

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you pay him with visa and have a contract stating what he would capture? I would  ask visa to dispute that charge (or partial), that's Bullcrap!But I'm glad the rest of your wedding went smoothly! *I found my photographer on craigslist, he was running a sale which made him pretty inexpensive for what we're getting and I had him add into the contract a satisfaction guarantee clause w/ full refund if not happy with his product.  Hopefully we won't need to use it :( I've seen his work and it's nice but we've had a few bumps along the way which is freaking me out :(
  • Options
    jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like overall you had an amazing wedding day. Your pics are beautiful! Congrats, Mrs.!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful pics! Your shoes were fabulous and I like the moss? pomanders.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry about your videographer :( I loved your pomanders so pretty!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your wedding was beautiful!  Congrats!  We loved Richard too.  I'm sorry about the pathetic videographer lol.  Craigslist can be a great resource (I found my current hairstylist on there), but it can be really risky too.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All of your details are gorgeous.  I love the venue, I've never heard of it before!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    NoleBride10NoleBride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that sucks about your videographer. I love Palm Valley..its so gorgeous there. Do you have contact information for Richard? My computer doesnt want to let me go to his website because it might have malicious software.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nolebride-His phone number is (904) 797-7796.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards