Nevada-Las Vegas

Stardust suite

Has anyone stayed in this suite? My wedding reception is already planned but trying to plan a rehearsal dinner and welcome reception. The rehearsal dinner would be around 35 people for a couple hours and then wanted to invite the others to stop by. About 90 people total. Can all of these people fit in the suite? Trying to find a suite to fit us all for mingling. People will be coming and going so not all 90 at once. also we are only planning on having food for the 35 rehearsal party people. does anyone know prices? I see on their catering menu it says minimum of 50 for buffet. Do you know if we can get around that? also has anyone brought in any of their own food or drink? I heard if you spend $2000 the room is yours. If we spend 2,000 with catering can we bring the rest of the alcohol in ourselves? Anyone have any pics? Any ifno is appreciated! :)Lindsay

Re: Stardust suite

• ms_mogwaims_mogwai member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the pics I've seen of the Stardust Suite at the Orleans! It's and amazing venue and looks like it would definitely fit a larger group of people. I can't give you any advice on catering or alcohol I'm afraid. Have you emailed someone there? What have they said?
  • edited December 2011
    Talk to Jay McPalmer in Caterierng. He is wonderful  to work with.  They won't let you bring in drinks but the pricing seems negotiable.  I don't know if you can fit 90 in the room.  We are only having 20 people.  A big bonus is that the stardust suite and adjoining suite (very nice) is yours for the entire night.
  • edited December 2011
    I just returned from my "scounting trip" last night and met with jay yesterday afternoon. We were told the food and drink min is $3000. 90 would def fit if they were not all there at once. It was a REALLY cool suite. Also, the party ends at midnight. but, you do get the 2 bedroom suite next to it for the night. HTH.
  • edited December 2011
    If you didn't mind people in the adjoining suite you could always open that up for more space. It's 3 grand for the weekend and 2 grand for weekdays Sunday-Thursday. I was told no outside food except cake and they charge a cutting fee.
  • edited December 2011
    What everyone has told you is pretty accurate about the fees and restrictions.  Jay is the best.  He is the one who gave us the ok for the karaoke/dj. I think 90 people coming in and out would be no problem.  The adjoining 2 bedroom suite is humongous as well.  The only trouble we had was with the connecting door.  At one point, it got locked and we had to access the suite from the hallway because no-one could get it open again.You will love the suite.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards