Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Changed our minds...

On our color and theme! We stopped by The Mens Warehouse in the mall today and were looking at tux ideas and my FI suddenly didn't like red for anything. He said at one point "I like the blue." At first I was frustrated because red was the color we had chosen and this was what the invites where going to be. I already have the invite paper, just haven't gotten it printed quite yet.It took me until later in the evening to finally realize changing the color to blue wouldn't be a hard thing to do at all. For the invites I only have to change the outermost layer, the rest can stay black and silver. I can return the red gems I bought and I am set to go. Then suddenly the ideas came to mind of winter wedding theme, snowflakes and glittery blue and silver snowflakes, snowflakes on the cake, etc.So that was it, blue it is!! I am so excited. On my way home from work I remembered how much I stalked Mrs.Luebke's profile as she was leading up to her wedding and loved her theme so much. Now I get to do it!! :)I think what turned me off so much to the red today was the lady at the store mentioned a few times "a valentines wedding" and that is definitely not the theme I wanted.I couldn't for the life of me come up with a favor idea before, but now I came up with one right away. I have a pic in my profile on the main DIY page. Couples hot chocolate cones. They look easy enough and fun. I only have to make about 40 so that won't be so bad and I am really enjoying all of these little details!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Changed our minds...

• kristigileskristigiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oooh what color blue? I love snowflake winter weddings. I'm using blue for my wedding too, but its a summer wedding so it's completely different, I'm sure! Good luck with the theme change!
    August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*
  • edited December 2011
    I posted some inspiration pics this morning in my bio, thanks to Mrs.Luebke's pics :) I like the darker blue, like cobalt. Under Ceremony and Attire/Bridal I posted some pics. Also under DIY/Paper Goodies there is a pic of blue I like and inspiration of a Sizzix texture I like.
  • edited December 2011
    That'll be so pretty!  I'm glad it will be an easy change for you!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • AimothyAimothy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, good choice! Mrs.Luebke's wedding made me almost want to push back my fall wedding so I could use the blues and the snowflakes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my how the creative juices are flowing now with the change of color! Stopped into Michaels today and got some guidance from Vickie at the Woodbury store. She helped point me in the right directions and helped hone in on my ideas. She was GREAT so I just had to mention her. She's a custom floral designer there I believe. I think my creativity was trapped with the red, and now I feel like the floodgates have opened! :)
  • MsCrispyMsCrispy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My colors are black and red and the GM's are wearing black vests/ties and my FI is wearing a silver vest/tie.  So that's another option if you want to keep red, no one has to wear it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers o
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards