Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Cocktail Hour/ Dinner Music

Im trying to figure out music for our cocktail hour and dinner... we have a band for the dance, but the hard part about that is no one to play music before then...What are you guys doing if you have a band for the dance? Are you hiring musicians for the other parts? If so who?Thanks!
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Cocktail Hour/ Dinner Music

• Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not hiring a band, my our location has a built in sound system throughout the reception area, and they can play like jazz or classical music through it during our cocktail and dinner It comes with our package too, so no extra costs!
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance is a musician in the Twin Cities and plays for TONS of weddings-ceremonies, receptions, cocktail hours...etc.  We are actually having two bands at our wedding....live music is definitely the way to go, in our opinion.  At any rate, I suggest Reception Jazz.  I have recommended them before in other posts.  Scott, the main guy, can cater to your needs. 
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our location also had a built-in sound system.  DH made up three CDs to play during cocktail hour, dinner, and DJ set-up time.  He had a pretty wide variety of music on it.
  • sunkiss177sunkiss177 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We negotiated with our bad—they are having three pieces play for an hour during the lounge hour.  If your contract is already signed it won’t do you much good—if it is not ask them to toss it in.  We are just playing quite cds during dinner—there will be dinging, chatting and speeches so it would probably be pointless to have live music during dinner.  
  • rosebc118rosebc118 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! I will have to see if they have a sound system that we could hook up to... I just want it to be stress free... I will look into that band too! Great ideas ladies thanks :)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards