Connecticut

Review River house in haddam

Hi everyone,    Just saw the River house in Haddam, realllllly love it, but have no idea how the food is, just wondering if anyone has been to any weddings there?

Re: Review River house in haddam

• tanneg2010tanneg2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am actually having my wedding there next year.  I haven't tried the food yet.  They are having a tasting at the end of November.  You should try to see if you can attend.  From what I hear, the food is excellent.  I know several people who have been there for events plus my videographer, photographer and DJ say the food is great.
  • edited December 2011
    HOw are their prices? That is right by where i got engaged! I would love the Riverhouse but not sure if I can afford it.
    BabyFetus Ticker TTC since 11/2010 Me-32 - Cervical Displacia -Lymes Diseease DH-32
  • maudcarriemaudcarrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If the Riverhouse is too expensive, try the Gelston House across the river. We just got married there (sunday brunch) and the food was awesome! It was $80.00/person with a 5 hour full bar.
  • edited December 2011
    Im getting married there next year too! I can't wait. October 16! They were really expensive actually, well more than I thought it would be but I think I had some sticker shock. We're paying over $175pp inclusive of everything. The difference to me was that they are so service oriented. I know, without worry, that I won't have to worry about anything when we get there. You can't really put a price on that. Also, I love Libby. I have worked weddings and I can tell that she is so on top of her game. When I email her with a question, she writes me right back and makes me feel like the only person getting married there. We also visited other places and when it came down to all the questions we asked, they were above and beyond everyone else.
  • edited December 2011
    i wanted to add one more thing. remember you can negotiate wherever you go. we did.
  • tanneg2010tanneg2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amy / Moontide26   I was trying to send you an email since we are both getting married at the Riverhouse.  My wedding is in May.  Unfortuantely I can't figure out how to send it.  My email is tanneg2003@yahoo.com. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards