Florida-South Florida
Options

Goodbye <3

Hi all!!
I've really been putting off writing this post because the fact is I really don't want to write it...but I can't put it off any longer.My sweet & delicious husband Eddie has decided, after years of working high-end commercial video productions, to start a wedding cinematography company called Belvedere Films. I'm super excited for him in this new venture as I think he's incredibly talented and has a really great eye for this type of work. Plus, I freakin love weddings, so it's double exciting! He's already booked 11 brides for next year and is buying all the high-end equipment that the industry leaders use. I'm crazy proud! :)

However the only down side to all this is that, as most of you know, vendors are not allowed to post on the knot. Even though it's his business, it would obviously be a huge conflict of interest for me to be on here when my husband is a vendor. It would be selfish and unfair to all of you, other vendors and him for me to continue to do so. Soooo...I will not be posting on The Knot any longer             
:( Sadness! I'm really, really bummed out because I've made so many friends on here! Seriously, I have like 8268746 knotties on my facebook! I've met many of you in person and love you even more! I started a list with little shoutouts to each and everyone of you who've helped me, cracked me up and added to my life, and by knottie number 22, I decided there's just too many of you and too much to say. Besides, I didn't want to miss anyone and for someone to think "Damn Urs, I thought we had something special"...lol. Even though we may have not chatted, you still contributed to my experience on here and I'm grateful for everyone's friendship. I'm sad knowing that a lot of my knot friends will be getting married soon, and I will miss all the buzz and excitement. I'm also sad that my first year anniversary is coming up in 4 days (which make me leaving even more poignant), and I will not be sharing that milestone with all of you. : ( But, I will still be available by email and facebook. You all know that I am always down to help, give ideas and explain how I did things for my own wedding. I love to help people, so please don't hesitate to contact me, even though I'm not on here! I still have a million ideas and random info buzzing in my head that needs releasing...lol. My email is posted below. I have also asked Court's permission to come back and post my vendor reviews once I receive all of my vendors' final work (I never did them after the wedding). I picked most of my vendors based on reviews, and I feel like I owe it to the board to contribute mine. So hopefully, I'll post that soon. Thank you for all the love and support you have shown me. Seriously...if you would have told me a year ago that people I've never met would be there for me more often than some of my closest friends, I would have called you crazy! But that's just how it goes. This is a group of really amazing, caring, beautiful women and I'm glad to have been a part of it for a while! Please take care, keep in touch and I hope all of you have incredibly epic and fantastic weddings! I'll see you ladies on the other side...
Love,U

My email:Ups783@aol.com

Re: Goodbye <3

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's very exciting for your husband! Congratulations to both of you for this awesome opportunity, I'm sure you'll be very successful and have an amazing time! I wish you guys the best of luck. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations to you both...Although it's sad seeing you go, I wish you both so much luck in this new endeavor!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wish you and the hubby the best! Im sure its sad but its going to me amazing for both of you! Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a nice post!  Good Luck with you and your hubby's new adventure.  Im sure it will be great!
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats to you both. I am sure your new venture will be amazing and successful.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awww what a sweet note. I second everything you say about the board =) Take care and good luck to you and your husband and congrats on the new company. That is exciting and a great industry to go into.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish you buys nothing but all the success in the world!!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was not waiting for this letter in any way Urs. But, like you told us before, you are just being fair. Good luck to Eddie. I know we will keep in touch via email and facebook like we have in the past.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GL to you and your hubby. I'm sure this new endeavor will prove a wonderful one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I <3 you Urs- mi hermana,

You and Eddie are a match made in heaven! Happy early Anniversay!

I hope to hear what your paper gift isWink I lcan't wait to read your reviews even though I'm already married, lol. I'm just curios like that and you had a drop dead gorgeous wedding! But on another happy note...congrats to Eddie for starting his own biz and for having such a beautiful, supportive wife. I wish you both all the love and happiness in the world and MUCH success!!

God bless you love!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    good luck babycakes! I will still harass you off the knot, dont you worry! You are kind, warm, loving and full of great ideas - I know you and the hubbs will succeed and I will you all the VERY best.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww cuzo, Im gonna miss YOU!! Sike how can I miss family, see you later. Im partially to blame, Eddie is going to rock my video for my big day!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your post brought me to tears. Granted I'm highly emotional at the moment but still...

Ursula, you are such an asset to the board so it's really sad ot see you go BUT your hubby is uber talented and will be a huge asset to the wedding industry and to future brides! I've seen his work and he's truly talented.

And so are you missy. You have an affinity towards weddings and are so creative, if you didn't have such a kick butt real job I'd insist you become a wedding planner!

Anyway, I'm so glad we met through this process. you are a joy to be friends with, such a positive, upbeat, fun, quirky and truly kind hearted woman and I love you!

We will hang out again... we really will!

XOXO
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    <3  Ursula, congrats to you guys!!!! That is super excited. PLEASE know that I will be emailing you for your awesome ideas :)

Don't be sad. This is super exciting!! 
  • Options
    ayanapoohayanapooh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww Urs, I'm so sad to see you go!! And I agree w/ Jaime, if your real life job wasn't so awesome, I would def insist that you become a planner - you're a natural at it! Thanks so much for all of your wonderful ideas and insight, it's really a shame you have to go, but such a standup thing that you're doing.  Best of luck to you and Eddie in this endeavor, and see you on the other side!!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is so bitter sweet.

I'm SOOOOOOOO happy for you & Eddie - you are in the beginning of something HUGE, I can feel it.

We love you -- you can still lurk (hahaha) and wel'l miss you SO!

love you honey pot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    michy22michy22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Urs.. You and Eddie are going to rock the wedding world. I am sooo happy to have met you and have you as a part of our special day... PLUS we come from the same school, its like we are automatically family. I know this post was hard for you, but dont worry once a knottie always a KNOTTIE! lol...

xoxoxo babe...
    Michelle & Julio
    ...4-24-10...
    Bio
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Congrats on your new business endevour.  :) 

• Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Court, this is bittersweet.

I am selfishly sad to see you go, because as previously mentioned you are a HUGE asset to this board. I know a lot of us wouldn't have a ton of ideas without you. Just look at Amy's and your weddings! Fabulous is an understatement.

However, I am so so so happy for you and Eddie. Your hubby really is so talented and I will from here on out rec him to everyone! I'm so proud of both of you!

You know leaving this board is not the end of your contributions. Love you Urs!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ven1Ven1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ursula, congratulations on your husband's new business!
    I wish you guys all the luck in the world and many many weddings :)
  • Options
    avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh wow that's awesome, congrats to you both!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards