California-Inland Empire

Moving is no fun!

We are renting a house now and our landlord was gracious enough to let us move this week.  We've been moving the entire week, it seems like it's never ending.My wife is working 6 days a week (part time hours) which leaves most of the moving up to me, my BIL has been a big help but he usually shows up after 10am.  Since my daughter is in school from 8-11:30 I try to get a few loads moved during that time.Baking has been a hassle this week, the kitchen at the apartment is a disaster area and I don't have room to cool cakes.  I have orders for Friday and Saturday which means I have to bake today and tomorrow while we finish moving.  Ugh.This morning my wife is laying in bed at the apartment while I move more stuff to the house and deal with utility changes.  I could wrap my hands around her throat and...  You get the picture.  I'm so frustrated with moving and trying to keep my business profitable at the same time.  I'm staying at the house tonight so I can get my baking done...even if my wife stays at the apartment.  Sigh.On the bright side, my daughter has a bigger room and a fenced in yard to play in.  The neighbors have an avocado tree that extends over our fence and they said we can pick the avocados on our side.  I have a full sized laundry room and a bigger kitchen, a formal dining room and lots of parking.I'm loving the house but tired of moving.

Re: Moving is no fun!

• hischiquita!hischiquita! member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay Congratulations on more room, but the moving part sucks!!! I've never moved, but have heard the horrible stories! Look at the bright side, soon you will be all moved in and  enjoying the new house and bigger kitchen!! Oh and by the way, I can't wait for my cakes on the 14th!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • mrs.payne2010mrs.payne2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    gongrats...its exciting once you sit back and let the stress go....just relax and maybe if you do less then your wife may do more, you sound like you can use a break anyways...do you have a website for the business yet??
  • est2005est2005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol..you've never moved? I have moved 5 times just since being with FI. We just always found a bigger apt and moved up. Or moving out of an apt with horrible roommates...ect
  • edited December 2011
    Moving is always stressful but the new place sounds awesome and will be worth it in the end. Congrats on the upgrade!
  • hischiquita!hischiquita! member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I've never moved. I've lived in the same house since I was 2 yrs old, but I will be moving in March!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    mrs. payne - No website yet, I spoke to my Dad last week about building one for me and he will work on it when he has some free time (he doesn't have much so it may be quite some time before he is able to do it).
  • mrs.payne2010mrs.payne2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    okay...let me know when you have one up.
  • edited December 2011
    Never moved? Lucky ducky... I probably moved about 10 times growing up. Congratulations on moving up!!! That is definitely always a blessing.
  • edited December 2011
    LOL ditto Tor, DH and I have moved practically once a year since we've been together (6 years). Not to mention that when I was a kid we moved a lot...Shan- It will be worth it once it's done! Just hang in there  :)
  • est2005est2005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I didn't move barely at all as a kid. Lived in the same house from 5 yr to 21 when I moved out with FI. But since being with him we move so much!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the house =) Moving does suck but it will be worth it in the end.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards