Ohio-Cincinnati

Vendor Review 6*15*2012

Hello Knoties! I used this site so much during my wedding planning from all the reviews and recommendations, I wanted to pay it forward for other future brides :)

Church- Pleasant Ridge Presbyterian Church- A
This is a family tradition to get married at this church. My grandparents, parents, me, and my sister (on Sept 1st)  got married at this church. It's so beautiful! The church provided a wedding day coordinator and organist. All who were a pleasure to work with. The ceremony went smoothly, and was beautiful. Dr. Yoda is the pastor at the church, he seemed interested in getting to know us as a couple, and performed a wonderful ceremony.

Reception- Beckett Ridge Country Club- A-
Jenn and Whitney are awesome to work with! From the first time I spoke to them, they made me feel like they had everything under control. The food was AMAZING! All the guests were complimenting the food all night. They created a custom bar package for us, and since we got married on a Friday, we got a lot included in our package that they don't throw in for Saturday weddings. The only complaint I have is that all of my table numbers were messed up, my parents weren't seated by the dance floor as I had planned. It worked out okay, because my parents only sat down to eat. But other than that, the staff was wonderful, they stayed out of the way and moved quickly to serve and clean everything up.

Photography- Bh Photography- A+
Jess and Brett are wonderful! They are based out of West Chester, reasonable in price, and are fun to work with! I haven't received all of my pictures back yet but she put a sample of them on their blog for me to see. They are so great! I can't wait to see all of them! I will be going back to Brett and Jess when we have little ones for sure :)

Make Up- Penny from Brideface A+
Penny was awesome! She did me, my sister, my mom and one bridesmaid's make up. They all looked stunning! She is funny and super talented. She arrived on time, and had everyone's make up done with plenty of time prior to the ceremony.

Hair- Julie from Hairchic A++
Julie is so wonderful! She did 5 bridesmaid's hair, my hair of course and my moms. Everyone looked amazing. She is funny and so easy to work with. She is reasonable in price and will come to your wedding site to do everyone's hair.

Flowers- Heather from Beckett Ridge Kroger A+
I assigned the flowers to my mother, she is more artistic than I am and I knew she would pick out something awesome. I gave her a small budget, we looked at a few florists but they all thought we couldn't do flowers for 7 bridesmaids under 1000. We decided to just stop in Kroger and check out what they had. It was the best idea we had! They not only worked within our budget but did a fantastic job with the flowers! They are so beautiful and look amazing in the pictures!

DJ - Brian Childs A
Brian is such a great guy! He is very reasonable in price and he lives up to his reviews on this sites! He met with us a few times before the wedding, and called to confirm song choices, bridal party names and time line a few days before the wedding. His son Connor even mixed our father daughter dance and our bridal party entrance.

Cake -Trix and Treats Sweets- B
We didn't want to spend alot on our cake. We had a three tier cake, yellow and chocolate cake with butter cream icing. And a red velvet sheet cake that was to be cut in the back. The cake taste good, it looked pretty. I asked for very simple design with ribbon and flowers. She did a nice job decorating around my cake topper. The cake started to melt right when we were cutting the cake, but the guests didn't seem to notice.

Hope these help! And if you need any contact information for any of the vendors, I'd be more than happy to provide them. Good luck and happy planning!

Re: Vendor Review 6*15*2012

• So glad you liked your cake!!!! I have known her for years and she's made so many things for us. When FI and I get engaged Katie was the first and only cake choice!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful wedding!
  • Does Brian Childs have a website/how did you get ahold of him? I tried googling him and couldn't find a website or anything. I've heard such great things about him. :) Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards