Rhode Island
Options

When to do engagement pics

How far ahead or how close can you wait until your wedding date for engagement pics? How did you do it?

Re: When to do engagement pics

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing ours next summer, probably late June/early July, for our 10-10-10 wedding. It depends on what you want to use them for - STDs, guest book, etc. - how far in advance you get them done, and also your photog's schedule. He/she may not be available on weekends once the wedding season picks up, so consider your schedules. Also think of where you'd like them done and what it will be like that time of year.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We already did ours. We did them at the end of July on the beach he proposed at. But we're also in a different situation. We live in Texas and don't know when we'll be back up in the area. ( Besides close to the wedding and we didn't want to rush ourselves. ) We're not planning on using them for anything, that we know of yet. It's up to you on when you want to do them, if you're planning on using them for anything or if you want them photographed during a certain season!
  • Options
    kerrijunekerrijune member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took ours over Labor Day weekend and our wedding is in August. We wanted to use them for our save the dates and we wanted a late summer feel to them. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're a planning on having our e-pics taken this winter. I love the idea of being bundled up in the snow. We think we want to use them for our STDs which will mailed out in March for our October wedding. Our photog is REALLY flexible and we're going to call her once it snows!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just had our pics done last week and we are getting married in May. I loved the fall colors and stuff and I wanted something different than the spring background that we'll get in May. Personally I think waiting to do them too close to your wedding defeats the purpose, but it's totally up to you.
  • Options
    hollygb22hollygb22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we did ours 2 months before the wedding. this was cutting it close, but we wanted to do it in the summertime and we really had no use for the pictures besides parent gifts and our guestbook..we had plenty of time to make both!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha..we slacked off big time on this. Our wedding is 11/28/09...and we just did them 3 weeks ago. We were like..oh we'll do them in the summer for some nice beach shots...then it turned into fall so we took advantage of the foilage. Can't wait to see them, hopefully they will be ready before the wedding. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours are this Sunday!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards