Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

AW: BM Dress (PIP)

I receieved the BM dresses today. I took a couple pics of me in the dress with my laptop but they aren't that great of quality. Let me know what you honestly think of them. They are fully refundable! I like them but I want to know what others think of them as well. I'm having one of my BM's try it on tonight and giving me her opinion too. I like the dress and think the girls will be able to wear it again. I think it's a little too low cut and hooterific on me but my BM's have small chests than I do and the dress could easily be pinned together or Louise could work her magic. They are super comfortable :)[img]http://veitandersonwedding.weebly.com/uploads/1/6/8/7/1687563/9335693.png?340[/img][img]http://veitandersonwedding.weebly.com/uploads/1/6/8/7/1687563/9087131.jpeg[/img][img]http://veitandersonwedding.weebly.com/uploads/1/6/8/7/1687563/4017653.jpg?365[/img]
Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image

Re: AW: BM Dress (PIP)

• edited December 2011
    I really do like them!  They are so cute and fun. However, I think they might be a little casual compared to your dress.  If you love them though, go for it! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I know exactly what you mean and I thought the same thing when I ordered them but when you see them in person, the lace is more visible and it's an expensive looking lace (if that makes sense) so I don't think they look too casual in person, plus it's a lot longer on me then the 5'10 model so that makes it look more dressy. I'm hoping that my photographer's camera will be able to pick up more detail than my Macbook haha.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • edited December 2011
    Yah, I think them being longer would help a lot!  Again, they are just so cute.  Very classy and they match your theme perfectly.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    SUPER cute!!! I know you went back and forth for a while on these dresses. I love your pic. It will be perfect for your wedding!

Zuma Zoom
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As I recall, your BMs are all pretty thin, correct?  It looks a little short on the model, and some not-so-skinny-minnies might not like that much leg showing (a big concern for one my BMs).  So maybe you'll be fine there.  Otherwise, I think it looks super cute!  I like more than the yellow one before.
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After seeing your dress, I think these don't mesh with your vibe.  It feels very much like a fun summer evening out dress - I would suggest something longer and in a different material (is the dress cotton?) to make it a little more formal to match the style of your dress.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    thumbs up! love the black and the neckline. they look comfortable and definitely re-wearable. i especially like them b/c they don't look bridesmaidy! nice find!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • threemarie24threemarie24 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the ruffles on the shoulders, but just think the overall look might be too casual. However, maybe you can dress it up with a yellow ribbon, or a broach on the waist line?
    imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited December 2011
    The dress is super cute, but it's not as dressy as the others you've shown on here.  In the close up picture this feels way more casual for a day at the lake. Just my opinion.  If you like them go with them!
  • AimothyAimothy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I"m with the others...it seems very casual to me. Adorable dress, I just don't get the "dressy" vibe. If you aren't going for that vibe, they would be perfect....but with your dress, it just seems out of place.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they are super cute and could totally be worn again. I agree that they may be too causal as is - maybe dress them up with some elegant jewelry. With the low cut front you could easy do a necklace that I think would add a lot.
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm...yeah I'm just not feeling these for you. As much as I adore lace more than pretty much any other textile, this particular dress looks more "girly girl on a casual summer evening out" than classy and elegant (with a youthful twist), which, if I recall, is more of what you are going for. I think the ruffly sleeve/neckline thing is especially throwing me off. Perhaps if the neckline were different, and there was no ruflly thing, it would work. I actually like the dress a lot, and would probably wear it myself, but for your wedding, I'm just not sure...
  • Maria92609Maria92609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a great dress, but I have to agree with a lot of the PP, it's too casual for the feel of the other elements in your bio.  But if you love it, that's all that really matters in the end.
  • edited December 2011
    I really like the dress!  If you are worried about it being too casual, you could always accessorize with 'fancier' jewelry, shoes, hair, make-up, etc.  Let us know what you decide!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards