Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

***Kelmo***

I just saw your Q under the tanning post, and saw that you got married at the Moshulu!  We're getting married there June 19th.  How was your wedding?  Any advice looking back?  I'm so happy to finally talk to someone who has actually had a wedding there!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ***Kelmo***

• ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Butting in: My FI worked at the Moshulu for a while and worked weddings. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Buttons!  Does he have any general advice or things to watch out for?  Maybe you could ask him later.
  • edited December 2011
    Also butting in... Mrs. Simpson, one of my best friends had her wedding there in July and it was awesome!  She had her cocktail hour on the upper deck that was partially outdoors and it was just SO gorgeous up there!  She took bride and groom pictures all the way up the steps on the top top floor and they came out so beautiful... Then we made our way downstairs into the main room for the reception.  How many guests are you having?  She had the maximum number allowed (may have even gone over), so it was kind of tight in there... and the dance floor was packed!  My fiance is 6'5" so he couldn't dance because the ceilings above the dance floor were too low!  The food was SO GOOD - we had filet and it was cooked perfectly and the bartenders were on the ball all night!  My sister-in-law had her rehearsal dinner there and the food there was spectacular too.  If you have any other questions, let me know!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info!  We're actually planning on doing cake/dessert and dancing on deck to avoid the issue you were talking about.  Although the room will hold the amount of people we'll probably have (with some room to spare) I love the idea of having music and dancing up on deck.  The food is pretty amazing, we've been a few times!
  • edited December 2011
    OMG, The Moshulu is awesome! I would be happy to give you all the information I have. Just ask away. B/c of the weather we had our ceremony on the Bow Deck, Cocktail Hour on the Mid Deck, Dinner in the Orchid room, and Dessert & Dancing back on the Mid Deck. Unfortunately we had to have the sides of the tents down b/c of the weather. We initially were scheduled to be married on the chart house deck, but was unable to b/c of the rainny weather :( Menu: Apps: Shrimp cocktail, bruchetta, pear Phyllo, Cheese steaks, and Oyster shooters Salad: Green mixed salad Dinner: we offered the lancaster free range chicken, filet, and beggar's purse (veggie option) with yukon puree and carrots and asparagus Cake: assorted pastries, carrot wedding cake. I would recommend using ten pennies in south philly for your flowers. They do the flowers for the moshulu and know the dimensions of the rooms, etc. we had 125 people at our wedding. We put 8 people at a table in the orchid room instead of the suggested 10 b/c it was just too tight. Let me know if you have any questions. my email is khrisafinis@gmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    Dancing on the deck is perfect.  You will have such a phenomenal day.  Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards