Getting in Shape

Thursday newbie alert

Hey everyone-- just thought I'd start a new thread for newcomers today.

My name is Mallory, I'm 23 and getting married on 7/7/12. I have plenty of time to get in shape, which is my main goal right now. I thought it would be great to have a support system of other brides so we can give each other tips on what works for us.

I'm a full time employee as an admin assistant and a part time graduate student (education major) so I often find it very difficult to work out as much as I'd like. Last semester, on Mondays and Wednesdays, I'd have work all day and class all night, so I'd hit the gym on days I didn't have class. Weekends, not so much. I'm getting better on making sure I go at least 3 times a week! I've decided that my main thing is to cut out the crap and eat in moderation.

I've used a calorie estimator for my weight loss goals, and to lose about 1lb a week, I'm at 1500 calories a day. I use the My Fitness Pal app on my iPhone to help count calories. So far, so good! Since Dec 3, I've already gone from 185 to 180. I'm very proud of myself. This is the first time I've actually lost weight from attempting to by diet and exercise so I am super excited for the possibilities as long as I maintain what I'm doing. I told myself wedding dresses will be tried on as soon as the 20th pound is lost. :)
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thursday newbie alert

• Hi Mallory!  and welcome!
    Congratulations for your 5 pounds lost!  You've definitely come to the right place for lots of support.  All these girls are so wonderful and have kept me motivated and excited since I started.  I love how everyone here is focused on healthy weightloss and heath in general.

• Welcome! 

Slow and steady is the way to go with weightloss.  You're much more likely to keep the weight off when it's a slow process that has you learning new habits.

Congrats on the 5 gone so far!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hey Mallory, I'm new today also, I just didn't realize to post in the same thread. Congrats on the 5!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards