Florida-North Florida

Wedding insurance question

Is there anyone that does not have homeowners insurance that has gotten event insurance?If so how much was it and where did you get it.I am getting quotes from 350.00 to 500.00 for ONE DAY!THATS NUTS!!I know if you have homeowners insurance they can just add it as a rider and it is not as expensive.  But we don't have any.

Re: Wedding insurance question

• janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out wedsafe.com.  That's most likely where we're getting ours.You could also looking into it being added as a rider on your parents homeowners insurance.
  • brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We tried to go through our parents, but Allstate would not do it. We used wedsafe.com and it was $195.
  • edited December 2011
    Wedsafe is highly recommend so that's who we used.  Also, you should never add a rider to homeowner's insurance for a wedding!  Most financial experts advise against that because if something happened and you had to file a claim, it could increase your rates (or worse).
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • wildangel2189wildangel2189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, I must be a little behind but...What is wedding insurance and why do I need it? 
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good thinking Ashley.  I never thought of that.Some venues require you to get liability insurance if they're not already insured.  That way, if something happens, you're covered.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh OK! I thought you were talking like, if the groom runs off i'm insured LOL :)
  • katiek200katiek200 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    his balls are insurance for that kind of incident!!
  • edited December 2011
    Katie - Oh my goodness! LOL, like really actually laughing out loud :) My co-workers wanted to know what was so funny.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards