Michigan-Detroit

NWR: Online Savings Account

[I put this on TN too] Any recs for an online savings account with a good rate? I have Citi right now but they're being really stupid with my name change to the point that I'd rather just close the current account & start over. Possibly with them, possibly not.

Re: NWR: Online Savings Account

• edited December 2011
    I use a credit union for a savings account...and Chase for my checking.
  • whrldtravlrwhrldtravlr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Before the economy tanked, I had amazingly good luck with capital one. It's still not got an awful return rate.
    imageimage
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my co-workers uses HSBC and really likes it.
  • efabianefabian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've got both (check & save) through Chase. If you have enough in savings they can put you at higher interest rates. When I have lots of money I keep the interest rate high, when I take out money then I take down the account so I don't have to pay the fees. I've had zero issues with Chase so far.
  • mink492mink492 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had Chase & credit union savings accounts but the rates are practically nothing (I only keep $1-2k in it) & I refuse to pay fees. I had a Ford Money Market account, which was great, but not FDIC insured, so I switched to Citi, which was 3%, now it's like 1.8%. Still better than my banks.
  • edited December 2011
    ING is another good one. They're at about 1.8% right now. http://ingdirect.com
  • edited December 2011
    ING and HSBC both have higher than average savings rates, for your run of the mill savings accounts.If you are looking at money market/cds then its different.Bankrate.com has a lot of information about rates of everything.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • kbattle1022kbattle1022 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like ING orange savings - they have lowered the rate a bit in the last year, but it's still far better than my regular bank.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards