Hawaii

:::Mrs. NFB-truce!:::

Maybe you will not read this, but in case you do -- I hate that I've now played a part in bringing any negativity to this wonderful board. If I read back on my posts, I agree that it seems I do not know the definition of "subjective". What I was trying to say is that I don't come on here looking for "fair"/"accurate"/"two-sided"/insert-terminology-here reporting on most things, as most folks have never planned a wedding before, have not been to all islands, etc. I'm just looking for others' thoughts and advice from personal experiences. I hope that you do not leave, as your wedding was absolutely gorgeous and there is no doubt you have a lot to offer. And you're also right, that there are not a lot of Big Island knotties, so every one counts.Please accept my apologies for obviously offending you. I mean that sincerely!

Re: :::Mrs. NFB-truce!:::

• carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um, FWIW, I don't think you were being offensive.Maybe she's just having a bad day.  That thread was full of over-reaction to a series of relatively harmless posts.  Kindof odd for this board.
  • maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry butting in here...i agree with Carrie you don't have anything to apologize for.  When i first read her post i too was a bit offended. This forum is for brides past and present to provide their opinions, share their experiences, and for overall support whether wedding related or not.  If we disagree with what someone states then so be it but we should not ridicule them for giving their opinion.  J.
  • eacernaeacerna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I am not taking any sides but I personally did not think there was anything offensive with MrsNFB's post. I guess I have known her enough (~3 yrs) to know she's not that kind of person and not get offended with her posts/opinion. Anyway, you are right, we do have our opinions and favorites as far as islands. Let's bring back the love on this board ladies :-). E
  • ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think this was all a misunderstanding. Yes, let's bring back the LOVE!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • diorgrl8diorgrl8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow, what happened??? i read the exchange on the other post and it definitely sounds like a major misunderstanding. I'm sorry if my re-post was misread in any way, I certainly didn't mean anything by it, just wanted to clear up the other post since i was rushing and just wanted to help out if possible, like all of us here. It's hard to know someone's tone through letters on a screen, but this board's always been a great forum for us girls to get along and help each other out. Bring back the knottie love shall we? Good vibes only..we are all in here for a great reason after all. :)
  • edited December 2011
    That's the thing with the interwebz, yes? If you don't know the person, it's hard to judge their intent, especially those people who have a frank writing style. Frankness can often be interpreted as abrasive or as a personal attack. So chill ladies, it's all good, just one of the by products of not knowing people on the other end of the computer screen. FWIW, I just spent an hour of my prep period today trying to find a grade 8 girl who had run away from school because of an argument, so you'll have to excuse me for not jumping up and down and treating you as I would treat a 13 year old. You are all adults, and you're always welcome on this board, but if you don't feel that it meets your needs, you're welcome to leave as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I would really hate to see MRSNFB leave! I think that MRS NFB is passionate about the big Island and that is conveyed in her statement. I am very direct and sometimes can be misunderstood, unless you know mw personally. Every one here is entilted to there own opinions and that is what makes this board interesting. The Big Island is full of beauty and aloha spirit. I can't wait to go back! I was there for almost 2 weeks and did not even put a dent in the long list of things I want to do out there. I would not have been able to plan my wedding nearly as well with out this board or with out MRS NFB. Not very many of us Big Island Brides.
  • maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FWIW, my issue with the post is the first line...i don't think it's right to say that a poster's comment is ridiculous or silly...that's all i'm trying to say.  This forum is a place where we seek information and provide opinions, recommendations, and support be it wedding related or not.  It's wonderful to be passionate about what we're writing but we also need to be cognizant of our words and tone.  I'm a newbie on this board so i don't really know anyone here and vice versa but i welcome the ideas and support that this board offers...without this site i would be soooo lost in planning my wedding.  I don't know anyone personally but i do feel a certain kinship with you all.  J. :-)
  • PugRollsPugRolls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow.  I haven't lurked here in months (I'm a June 2008 Maui bride), and just happened to stumble across this and the related post below!  Sad to see some bad vibes on this board -- it's the warmest and fuzziest board I've ever had the privilege of participating in.  That said, it sounds like that sentiment remains; there was just a bit of a misunderstanding.I agree with E, but only because I've read a lot of MrsNFB's posts and thus gotten to "know" her and her style over the years.  FWIW, she huwt my widdle feewings too a few times.  Funny enough, it was also related to subjective opinions about the islands.  (And another time I said something about a helicopter tour of the entire Big Island "not being practical" and what I meant by that was that DH and I couldn't afford the $1100 price tag compared to the $300 price of a helicopter tour of just the volcano part of the island -- that island is just so big!  Obviously, she disagreed.)  Anyhoo, I learned not to be all offended by her direct style -- and the direct style of others on the board too, for that matter.  She is an awesome resource and I find her to be incredibly inspirational.  For the sake of future Knotties, I hope she comes back!Love to the Hawaii Knotties!  xoxo
  • edited December 2011
    WOW! Not sure what happened.   But I'm glad I missed it.  I love this board!  All the ladies have always been really supportive and helpful. Keep the love alive ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards