New York-Hudson Valley

BRIDES BEWARE!!!!

If you want to have the absolute worse expierence in buying your wedding dress, then head straight to Fontana. I ordered my dress 9 months in advance and was told that it would be in no later than June. My dress came in the first week of September and it was the wrong dress!! The dress was diamond white as opposed to off white which is what I ordered and the top was tube top instead of sweetheart. They tried to convince me that this was the dress I ordered! In addition, they also accused my 80 year old grandmother of coming in to change the color of my dress from off white to white. I then stated why I wasn't contacted since I was the one who signed the contract and I recieved no satisfaction. To make a long story short, my dress came in 2 days before my wedding and I was treated with disrespect and shame the entire time!!!! The seimstress thankfully was amazing but Cory Fontana, the owner, was extremely unprofessional, rude and arrogant, He also writes all the positive reviews on this site to lead you to believe his bridal salon is reputable!!! After my incident, I went to Lord and Taylor crying and even the make up ladies said that I wasn't the first bride to come in so distraught. I WORE THE WRONG SHOES ON MY WEDDING BECASUE OF CORY FONTANA AND ONCE AGAIN YOU WILL BE OUT OF YOUR MIND TO EVEN CONSIDER LOOKING FOR A GOWN THERE!!!!

Re: BRIDES BEWARE!!!!

• MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am loving my experience with Fontana! And Cory and my sales associate Brenda have been nothing but outstanding to me and my bridal party. If this happened in 08 y are u posting about it now?

• meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked for my mom's dress there, but didn't find anything good in our price range. We told them that we weren't interested in anything, but ever since they have been calling us and sending us mailings almost everyday. So annoying!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't heard the best of things about that store.  But I have to say I think its a little odd to post this rant well over a year after your wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Im confused?  Where is everyone seeing that this occurred in 2008?  I am also extremel worried.  I ordered my dress from fontana, and so did my bridesmaids, my flower girl and my mother.  I am nervous
  • edited December 2011
    Its in her bio.  I didn't see it first but someone mentioned it so I went to look for myself.
  • jamiefourjamiefour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered a BM dress there a few years ago.  I had no problems.  They actually helped me because another place screwed up my order.  I am sure someone has had a bad experience at every store.  I wouldn't say that was the norm.  I wouldn't worry too much!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards