Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Poll- Honeymoons!

This dreary day definitely has me dreaming of our honeymoon! Where is everyone going/want to go/went on their honeymoon and what are you planning to do? Transport me to a better place than this waterlogged town with your plans!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Poll- Honeymoons!

• edited December 2011
    We went to Africa, and went sand surfing in namibia, cage diving with great white sharks in cape town, on a lion walk and bungee jumped off Victoria Falls bridge in Zimbabwe, and finished the trip with gorilla trekking in Rwanda. It was amazing!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Talk about ADVENTURE! wheeee! Sounds like a once in a lifetime trip. So cool. Bungee jumping over the waterfall? I would die!! I'm trying to work up the nerve just to do zip lines so there's no way I'd have the balls to bungee. Good for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're going to Hawaii. We'll be spending 10-12 days and going to two islands. We're definitely going to Oahu to visit Pearl Harbor. FI is a history buff and really wants to see Pearl Harbor. I think we're also going to go to either Kauai or the Big Island. Kauai to relax or Big Island to see the volcanoes. I want to sit on a beach and drink fruity cold drinks. FI likes adventure and history. We're trying to mesh the two and FI is in charge of planning the honeymoon.
  • Maria92609Maria92609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We spent two weeks in Europe right after our wedding on 9/26.  We spent 5 nights each in Munich, Salburg, and Prague.  We went to Oktoberfest, did the "Sound of Music" tour (a bit cheesy, but lots of fun), went up to the Eagle's Nest, explored cute little towns in the Bavarian Alps, enjoyed beer halls and amazing food, toured fortresses and castles (Prague Castle, Neuschwanstein...), visted the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial... it was an AMAZING experience!
  • edited December 2011
    cswaldon- we are the same way! i'm looking for relaxation and FH wants action and adventure. we settled on costa rica, something for everyone :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Joe and I are both kids at heart so we are doing Disney World! We booked a 9 day trip and are planning on doing things like a couples massage and a carriage right to supplement all the Disney fun - but really my FI is just excited to run around the parks :)
  • periippaperiippa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our mini-moon at Bluefish Bay in northern MN, and then I think we're going to St. Thomas for our "real" honeymoon in the winter when it's cold and gross :)
  • edited December 2011
    OOooh! So jealous about Europe! FI and I were thinking about Europe, but I only have a school break over Christmas and the first part of 2011. We want to go to Europe for 3 weeks at some point. SO JEALOUS!
  • edited December 2011
    We are going to Jamaica for a week.  We had a lot of trouble choosing where to go.  Our original hope was to go to Italy and Greece but we decided to save that for when we have more vacation time!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    all of the trips sound fabulous- thanks ladies! i'm officially lost in a vacation daydream now, I owe you one!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to DC for our minimoon (we decided to get a last minute deal wherever the weather was nice and flights were cheap).  We plan on going to New Zealand sometime next year for the offical honeymoon.
  • edited December 2011
    I think we are going to do a 1 year anniversary/Sarah is done with grad school/honeymoon-honeymoon.   Trying to save for a honeymoon AND a wedding is too much!!  We will probably go to Europe.
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ideally we would like to go to Greece...but with me being in super intense doctoral program mode...I'm not quite sure when that will happen, lol. Until then, I'll let the daydreams hold me over too!
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those all sound amazing. We're probably going to do a minimoon - I hadn't even thought of seeing what's available last-minute, but that's a great idea! As for the real deal, we're looking at Mediterranean cruises when FI is on winter break from school. It's not "beaching" weather, but I'm pale, he's pale ... we both fry on the beach. :)
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • AimothyAimothy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just returned from our honeymoon last Saturday, and I miss it already. We stayed 6 days at The Royal, in Playa del Carmen. It was so relaxing...I think I was drunk on fruity cocktails everyday by noon! We splurged and got the Presidential suite, where we had our own private pool. We spent one day out in the Caribbean Sea deep sea fishing. Fishing was slow, but it was so awesome to be in the middle of the ocean on a tiny little boat! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • emilyj77emilyj77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've booked seven nights in St. Lucia at a Sandal's all inclusive right after the wedding in January. I'm more excited about the honeymoon than the wedding at this point. We both wanted to go some place neither one of us had ever been before, and we really liked the idea of the all inclusive since everything is already paid for. Our biggest decision each day will be where we want to eat dinner. And we booked it while they were having a sale so we got a $250 spa credit. It will be so nice to relax and have fun just the two of us before we come back to real life.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I are planning on going to Australia!  I have a friend who is a flight attendant and can get us cheap tickets, otherwise we would never be able to afford it! We are planning on going on a mini-moon before we go on our honeymoon in the winter though :)
  • hbach83hbach83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We finally took ours this month, only 15 months late! ;)DH didn't tell me where we were going at all. I found out at 5am at the airport we were going to Miami. When we checked into our hotel in Miami, I found out we were only staying for one night. We went across the street to eat and I looked out the window and saw a cruise ship and it dawned on me that that's what we were doing. We spent 4 days on Carnival Imagination and docked in Key West and in Cozumel. It was an amazing trip, we had a blast!Now that the honeymoon is over, I might actually get to those darn vendor reviews.... :)
  • nerdygirl816nerdygirl816 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got engaged, so we haven't really begun planning the wedding, etc, but we did start saving for our intended honeymoon: Australia and New Zealand. We're planning on hitting spring time there so probably October of 2011. 
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Creating my own happily ever after....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards