Connecticut

Help! I need to find a reception hall in CT

I am looking for an inexpensive reception halls/Ceremony sites in CT. I am on a tight budget and just want a nice and simple wedding. Does any one have any suggestions? Any help is greatly apperciated!Thanks,Brea

Re: Help! I need to find a reception hall in CT

• edited December 2011
    Do you know how much you want to spend per person?  That might help in giving you some suggestions.  Also, any particular part of the state you want to stay in?
  • Bsparkle4Bsparkle4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was looking to spend $70-$90 per person (with all taxes included). I was looking in the Hartford or Danbury area, but I am also open to other area's of CT. Thanks for the suggestion on what to post....I am new at this :)
  • edited December 2011
    My reception was at A Villa Louisa in Bolton. For $62pp we go a full sit down dinner, open bar, cake, flowers for the tables and awesome, amazing, incredible service. THere's no additional charge to have your ceremony there -- if you look at my pics, the gazebo shots are where you'd typically have an outdoors ceremony.
    Stroller Pushing,Doctor Respecting, Full Time Daycare Paying, Alone Time Appreciating,Boundary Setting Momma
    Jenny McCarthy = Former Playmate and MTV host
    Pediatrician = Doctor with extensive experience and education on children.
    Bumpies = Don't get me started!
    I know who I get my health advice from!
    What are you looking at?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Did you look at the Branford House? I think any place that allows you to bring a caterer give you more control over cost.
  • edited December 2011
    There is a company that owns a few places throughout CT.  One of their locations is near Danbury called Fox Hill Inn, the other is in Simsbury called Riverview I think.  I looked at both places and although I chose to have a smaller wedding and couldn't meet the minimums, the prices of those venues was very reasonable and they are willing to work with you on price - esp. if you do a Friday or Sunday.   The manager of Fox Hill is very pushy but if you can get past that he can probably do a great wedding for you at a reasonable price.  Riverview is a very new facility whereas Fox Hill is older and in need of a little updating.  Anyway, check out the site - they have another facility in Monroe called Waterview I think but I don't know what the pricing is like. Those are my initial thoughts...I think a lot people will also tell you to check out Amarantes or Mahans Lakeview.  I didn't make it to check out either of those so I don't really know the pricing.  I hope this helps you in starting your search!  Good luck - your fun is just beginning :)http://www.riverviewcatering.net/
  • Bsparkle4Bsparkle4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great, I will be looking up all these places!My sister got married at the Fox Hill Inn last year. The prices are decent...she paid $90 a person but on a Friday and I am looking for a Saturday wedding (and maybe more like $75 or $80 per person).I know the Waterview is pricey.I will actually be calling Mahan's tomorrow...they are close to my house and I heard the food is good.Thanks everyone!Bring on more suggestions! :)
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at Villa Bianca in March. We paid $70pp for a Saturday afternoon. That included all taxes hot and cold apps, dinner, cake, 5 hour open bar and flower center pieces.
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we did ours at Haight Brown Vineyard in Litchfield. It was a Saturday night, and about $90pp all said & done, including tax & tip, a wine tasting, food/bar, and a Ben & Jerrys bar. it's not your typical wedding venue...they are better for a more casual wedding, but i thought it was just perfect! if you'd like more info, just let me know!
  • edited December 2011
    If you are on a tight budget then you probably don't want to waste your time at the waterview. I am having my reception there next Oct and the min. for a night reception I was told is 150 people. For Sat it's $125 pp ad Fri is $115. Most places at that price range include Venetian table and other stuff but you have to pay extra $10 pp at Waterview. I really suggest looking at the Woodwinds because they were really willing to negotiate and included a lot more food than the Waterview. We ended up going with Waterview because my parents like it better and most of our guests are from NYC and Southern CT.
  • edited December 2011
    If you wouldn't mind the location (Torrington/Winchester) definatly check out my reception hall Crystal Peak. It's right up Rt 8 (north of Waterbury). We paid between $49 and $59 per person including open bar but not tax or tip. Everyone is still raving about the food, it was fantastic. So was the whole staff. I haven't gotten to my reviews yet but they will definatly be getting an A+! [url]www.crystalwedding.com[/url]
    Pregnancy Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Mahan's in Wolcott is about $95-105/person with taxes BUT that includes the DJ, limo, centerpieces, etc, so it evens out.
  • edited December 2011
    I know you want a Saturday but Candlewood does Sunday receptions for $65/pp + tax.
    Married since 7/25/2009
    BFP #1 9/25/2011 | EDD 6/1/2012 | M/C 10/26/2011 at 8w6d
    BFP #2 3/13/2012 | EDD 11/23/2012
    9DPO hcg: 45; Prog: 41 | 14DPO hcg: 694 | 17DPO hcg: 2733 | 28DPO hcg: 53,006
    First u/s 4/13 showed a beating heart! Second u/s 5/2 showed a HB of 163! Let's GROW, baby!
    He's here! Kellen born 11/16/12 - 8 lbs 8 oz 22 inches long via scheduled c-section (breech baby, gestational diabetes mama)
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing ours at Norwich Inn. It is about $80/person including tips for our package and it includes the cake and cocktail hour. They also don't have a guest minimum which was perfect for us since we are having a small wedding. Our coordinator there is just wonderful!
  • ofeliaknitsofeliaknits member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Fox Hill in gave us a great package right in your price range.  We got everything-dinner, open bar, cake, and I even got him to include a Sundae Bar for free.  Your price range is a little higher than ours (we maxed out at $80/pp), so you might want to look at Lily Lake Inn in Wolcott.  We really liked the space.  It's beautifully done inside, and it's nice and private and scenic outside.  The woman there, I forget her name, was really really nice and extremely helpful.  If I remember, the package including open bar and cake was about $90 or so.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards