Snarky Brides

Scenes from a Whataburger

Last night we stopped in a town, Vidor, for a burger. Vidor is an interesting little town. We usually try to avoid. it is a hotbed of KKK activity on the border of Texas and Louisiana. But, we were hungry.There were 4 groups at tables. One was a family wearing all camo. They were the normal ones.Then there was a family, looked like grandma and gradpa with the granddaughters. At one point grandpa ate something and said "mmm spicy. Just like I like my girls".Then there was the lady who looked like Carrie's mom and had a 5 inch wood crucifix around her neck. I swear to god she judged my dirty pillows.Finally, was the woman who appeared to be Fundamentalist Mormon. She had no food in front of her, only a variety of potholders which she was crocheting.

Re: Scenes from a Whataburger

• Wow that s a lot to see in any fast food joint, but it doesn't surprise me it was in a whataburger.
  • Before I opened this I had Whataburger confused with Good Burger, some kid movie my little sister saw like 13 years ago, and I was all, "WTF is Winged doing watching Good Burger?" But what you saw is way more fuccked up than you watching Good Burger.

• I don't know what Good Burger is, but this is probably more effed than a lot of things.
  • Good Burger was a movie that my ex felt compelled to watch every time it was on.  Since we had Starz and Encore at the time, it was on a LOT.  So I too thought, "Welcome to Good Burger, home of the Good Burger, can I take your order?"
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • judged your dirty pillows? Fact: After several bad experiences on the border of Kentucky and Deliverance-Kentucky, we now have one place we stop to eat while driving to visit my parents.  We stop there even if not too hungry b/c we have agreed that it is the last chance until we arrive in Virginia some 2.5 hours (and a mere 80 miles) later.  
  • fallin, in Carrie, the mom calls her boobs dirty pillows.
  • Something tells me Keenan and Kel were not your servers last night.[img]http://hudm1012008.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/robdyrdekshoes.jpg[/img]

• ah.  It's been a while since I've seen Carrie. I was thinking, "Does Winged carry dirty pillows on road trips?  But why would she take them in to eat?"
  • ha, no. In fact, as we were leaving they had up those christmas decorations that hang from light poles. They said "Happy Holidays". And I commented that I was suprised they were so politically correct because I would expect them to say "Merry Christmas unless you are black"
  • I do bring pillows, just not dirty ones.   It is not often that I want to pat your head.
  • I often want to pat my own head.
  • Fallin, when I moved after college from WA to VA, my mom drove out with me.  We had some Deliverance moments in WV (can't remember exactly where), that included a Grizzly Adams looking coal truck driver stalking us and pretty much trying to run us off the road.
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • FACT: Good Burger starred Keenan and Kel, Keenan being Keenan Thompson who is now on SNL, and both actors originated on Nickelodeon's sketch comedy show All That.
    "As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • Are you doing one of those Bing! search engine commercials, Fent?

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • I'm loving the visual of Winger toting a couple of dirty pillows into a roadside diner with her.  So she can nap after eating.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • I like Goodburger. Maybe I should put that in the confessions thread.I have no concept of what these places would be like-- like blatantly racist, oldschool kinda places. And it's not like I'm  from a liberal area. Saskatchewan is a very conservative, rural part of Canada, and I still can't fathom the stories some of you guys tell. It sounds like out of a movie.
  • West Virginia, as a whole, is a pit. For reals.
  • Well personally I wouldn't be bringin no clean pillows in to no dirty burger joint, I tell you what(aburger).

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • jens, i want you to record yourself saying saskatchewan, put it on the internet and let us listen to it. I bet its adorable.
  • I'll do it for you Winged, but only if you all promise not to judge my 12 year old sounding voice. People always pronounce Saskatchewan all funny and disjointed, like "Sask-ahhh-cheeww--aawwwwnn". The way we say it here is more like "Sask-atch-you-un"
  • This post makes me smile a whole lot lot. I am laughing at every single damn post.
  • IL was a hotbed of racial prejudice. I guess I wouldn't have expected our nice, blue, northern breadbaskety state to be such a group of ***.One of the biggest KKk/free speech cases came out of Skokie.  Chicago public schools are still--half a century later--under a desgregation order.
  • when I was in 8th grade, I was at whataburger standing behind a ton of corps guys from A&M and my friend and I were talking about colleges.  I uttered "UT" at some point and the guy directly in front of me spun around on his goofy boot heels and started shaking his hands in my face and hissing.  A split second later the entire group of them joined in so I was surrounded by hissing and shaking hands in my face.  I had NO clue WTF was going on so I just stood there frozen with a horrified look on my face.  Then they all stopped at the same time and spun back around like nothing had even happened.  I looked at my friend and said "umm...what????" and she looked at me like I was the biggest knucklehead and said "duh, you said UT".  I said "...so?"  And that's the day I learned how BSC the Aggies can be.  Unfortunately that was just the tip of the iceberg
  • Why did they do jazz hands at you while hissing? I'm afraid of Texas again.

• Texas A&M is that school with the bonfire, right?  Where kids freaking DIED, and the dads were all, "I'm proud. They sacrificed for Aggie pride!"  You child died building a big fire for a football game, you sick fuuck.
  • haven't you all seen best little whorehouse in texas? all Texas football rivalries are set to song and dance.
  • I'm a good girl. I don't see movies about whores.

• [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aggie_Bonfire[/url]The wiki about the bonfire is 12 types on insane. Women were banned during the 1970s.
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • Texas A&M is that school with the bonfire, right? Where kids freaking DIED, and the dads were all, "I'm proud. They sacrificed for Aggie pride!" You child died building a big fire for a football game, you sick fuuck.Yes, that was horrific.  My dad got called in to the hospital right after it happened on code whatever it is for that kind of disaster, and he said he's never seen anything like it.  It was such a tragedy, but not all that surprising that it happened.  They kept making that thing bigger and bigger each year, but the supervision and the engineering were slacking each year.  Not a good combo.Noisy- I can't explain the hissing hands, it's just what they do.  I'm sure it has some tradition and explanation behind it (but that doesn't mean it makes sense), but I couldn't tell ya what it is.  I think J has explained it to me at least 5 times but I never understand it.  Basically UT is their arch nemesis, and they take it to redonkulous levels
  • I would scarf down a What-A-Burger right about now.  Yum.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards