Snarky Brides

Confessions

I found out this morning that some of my very close relatives got a new kitten. The kitten is black. They named it tarbaby. And they see nothing wrong with it. I'm so thankful my parents got us out of this place so young.

The nerve!
House | Blog

Re: Confessions

• I'm wearing my new dress today and realized I can't raise my arms up very high in it, and I couldn't reach my oatmeal on the top shelf.  So I had a bagel for breakfast because it was the only thing I could reach without changing.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • I've seen Good Burger. I laughed SO embarassingly hard at Community last night when the guy dressed like Eddie Murphy said "you ok Pierce? You have a full on erection."
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I've seen Goodburger AND liked it. Granted, that was many years ago, but I bet I'd still like it if I watched it again.
  • I think the dressed up animal pictures are ugly--like regretsy ugly.
  • I'm about to remove The Office from the DVR.  Last night was so bad.  I think they are done. My husband and I said probably less than 100 words to each other last night, but we've both had very stressful, busy, long days at work this week and it was exactly what we needed.  Sometimes silence is golden.  As are weekends.
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • every time I see saskatchewan, I read it in my head as sasquatch.  I then correct myself, but it doesn't matter how many times I see the word, I do the same thing every.single.time
  • My anniversary is on Monday and neither my husband nor I have put any planning into it.  We've already instituted a no gift policy bc we've got some major expenses coming up, and we only even started talking about how to celebrate last night.
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • halloween is a mandatory working day in my company and I'm the only person in the office that has to work this year.  One just had a hysterectomy 4 weeks ago, one had a knee surgery a few months ago and can't stand long enough to work . . . but I still feel totally shafted that I have to spend my Saturday working.and I told my boss that I want to swap out hours because it's not fair that I have to work more than anyone else and he agreed.  But I've got too much to do.  I'm going to see how much I can whip through, but it will at least take me to mid-afternoon.and I was supposed to at least have tonight off but one of H's assistant's neighbor friends committed suicide and the wake is tonight.  so, again, I understand but BLARGH.  I didn't WANT to work tonight.okay. enough complaining.   at least I have a job and my health etc.
  • More dress related stuff since the biggest thing happening in my life is that I'm wearing one -- the H's eyes bugged out of his head when he saw it on me.  He declared we should both "call in sex...err, I mean sick". 
  • My health insurance just switched to BCBS of Illinois and I am fearful every doctor in my state is out of network.I also truly believe I will win the lottery one day, although I know that makes me crazy. And I rarely play.
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • awww, that's cute Calie.  I would really like you to take a pic and post it.
  • One of my bridesmaids got me a VS lace nightie for my bridal shower last month.  Yesterday I exchanged it for a pair of yoga pants.
  • I should clarify, the nightie was unworn.  My confession is not that I return used lingerie, blech.
  • I want to see the sex dress Cali. I bet you look real pretty.
  • My health insurance just switched to BCBS of Illinois and I am fearful every doctor in my state is out of network.I may be thinking of someone else, but aren't you in Rhode Island?
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • My cleaning woman put my brush somewhere and I could not find it so I haven't brushed my hair in like a week. Granted, I leave it curly, but I realize that is incredibly lazy. I did find the brush yesterday so when I shower today I will brush my hair finally. I may lose some hair to rat's nests.
  • I love you and your yoga pants, HT.
  • I sure am November. My company merged a couple years ago with another, and the other one's US corporate office is based in IL.
  • I haven't had any problem with BCBC of IL.  They have a website where you can look up doctors.That said I've rarely seen a doctor more than once or twice since I reached adulthood.  I have a hard time understanding why people get attached.  That has puzzled me throughout the healthcare debate.
  • i didn't even think you could get insured with an out of state company. That is a load of crap.
  • I like my doctor pretty well and he has a good understanding of my one weird health issue. I've had trouble with doctors before him ("You have what? What is that?"), so I can understand wanting to stay with someone that knows your history and understands your illness.

• The only doctor that I really care to stay with is my GYN. I really like her, and I like to limit the amount of people that go spelunking in my muffpuffin. Other than that, meh.
  • Ditto, Noisy. If you have some sort of long term or chronic health issue, it's tiring explaining everything over and over to multiple doctors.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • When we switched to Humana from BCBS two years ago, I was so sad to lose my doctor.  She was awesome.  Then I had to pick a new doctor in my new network and she's even awesomer.  But I can do HMO all day long; I don't have any health issues that I need to be picky about my care. also, here's a confession, I prefer my PCP to be a woman and of Indian heritage.  I've always had great care from that particular demographic plus most seem more on board w/ my vegetarian lifestyle.  I wouldn't refuse to see a doctor who wasn't an Indian woman but I go out of my way to choose from that group.
  • I like my PCP too. He's attentive and thorough. That's hard to find.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I'm like Fallin -- I don't think I've seen the same person twice probably since I was a teen.  I had an Indian doctor (only saw her once) who I adored, but that was because she was so cute and called me " my dear" in the sweetest accent.
  • Yeah, I can see if you have a major problem.  I'm with Tasty. I choose HMOs and like it fine.
  • He's a good man. And thorough.I wouldn't be devastated if I had to switch, my PC doc is just the first one I've liked since I was a kid. I also like my OBGYN group a lot, but I'm less picky about who I let put their hands in my lady business.

• I'm pretty committed to my GP because she's awesome.  I like my OB/GYN practice fine, but it wouldn't kill me if I had to switch.  I totally get feeling strongly about a doctor if you have a pre-existing cond.  My sister ended up seeing an OB who took no insurance because he was one of the few who dealt with type 1 diabetes pregnancies without making her cry in the first consultation.  It sucked but she felt she had no choice in the matter.
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • Angie- did you have UniCare before?I hate going to the doctor. HATE.  But I've become really picky about my doctors lately.  I think I've finally found one that I love, so I'm hoping he can get me some more answers than the other folks.  And I've only ever been to female GYN, for some reason the idea of a male doctor makes me even more uncomfy than I already am
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards