Snarky Brides

Confessions

Re: Confessions

• 1).  I love Kenny Rogers.b).  I'm seriously considering lapband or gastric bypass surgery.Porcupine).  While my H has always seemed supportive of my weight loss efforts, last week he said he was afraid I would "get skinny and leave him."  Right, because I'm only with you because I'm fat. 
  • I was crushed (like I teared up) when my OB told me in May she was moving to Houston. Then we hugged and she got teary too. Even Sebastian was floored. She was just that awesome. I drove to the other end of Austin just so I could keep seeing her when I got pregnant. I do really like my primary care doctor (an Indian woman, incidentally!), but I will find someone closer now that Dr Carla is gone. Sniff sniff.I am surprised to know that some women are indifferent to their OB. I was very attached, I figure I was putting my life and my bebeh's life in her hands, so that was a big deal. :p
    image Guess who?
  • I must be sensitive today, because Fallin thinking the animal portraits are ugly hurt my feelings a little.  I think they are just so ridiculous they make me laugh, which is why I like them.
  • Porcupine). While my H has always seemed supportive of my weight loss efforts, last week he said he was afraid I would "get skinny and leave him." Right, because I'm only with you because I'm fat. Ouch.
  • aww, Vicki.  B is just probably suffering from a dose of low self-esteem.  He knows you aren't that shallow.  I wish you the best of luck in what ever you decide.  
  • My anniversary is on Monday and neither my husband nor I have put any planning into it. We've already instituted a no gift policy bc we've got some major expenses coming up, and we only even started talking about how to celebrate last night.Us too, even down to the day.I was ready to give the baby back to the hospital yesterday.I still get sad and mad (and jealous mainly) when I hear about 3rd trimester stuff.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • wow, vickie. I am sorry. I find sometimes that my H can say something the wrong way sometime and it is just out of insecurity.   I love my doctors and would be very sad to leave them. they are thorough and pick up on things that no one else ever has. Also, my primary shares stories about her dreams of dating Kris Kristopherson and then says stuff about "he is still alive right? becuase if not that makes my dream really creepy". She is the most amazing thorough doc but the biggest ditz.
  • I love pictures of cats in costumes.  In fact, I'm really sad that we haven't seen any kittenpants costumes this year.Tasty, I think that is a big part of it.  We've been talking a lot about how my changes in lifestyle will affect both of us, and he's been really great about it.
  • I really resent my inability to drive. I may not get to go out tonight because I can't get a ride. I've been looking so forward to Halloween and none of my plans are working out. So I'm bummed.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • Tasty's right!  I'm sure B is looking at it from a low self esteem standpoint.  Look at it as a good thing -- he feels like he married up and doesn't want to lose you.  YGM.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • You can't drive or don't have a car?
  • I am surprised to know that some women are indifferent to their OB. I was very attached, I figure I was putting my life and my bebeh's life in her hands, so that was a big deal. :pI intend to stick with the same OB when baby #2 rolls around, I liked her quite a bit. I guess my cavalier attitude is just for gynecologists.

• Well both. There's no way in hell I can drive in this city. I've tried and given up. And also, we sold my car.

• My OB/GYN office assigned me to a NP for my annual and she happens to be a midwife. I love LOVE her, even though I doubt I'd go the midwife route when we do have kids.
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • I am surprised to know that some women are indifferent to their OB. I was very attached, I figure I was putting my life and my bebeh's life in her hands, so that was a big deal. :pThis may actually be one of those things that changes when I have kids.  Right now, if I feel the doctor is competent, that's all I care  I like my OBGYN a lot, but I'd change without a thought if insurance dictated it.  I dislike my PCP a lot, but won't bother changing since I see her once a year to get a dermatologist referral.
  • Every time I read NP I stumble a little, thinking it has something to do with me.

• I also thought for a hot second she was talking about you.Vicki, I also agree with Tasty. He just doesn't want you to forget him when you emerge victorious and even more beautiful.
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • I don't think I could live in a city I couldn't drive in.
  • I think I would love living somewhere without driving, like NYC.  and I am beyond excited at the prospect of high speed trains from LA to Phoenix and San Fran.  I am also looking forward to taking the train to San Diego at some point.I have another confession.  I am seeing someone.  I even introduced him to my BFFs.
  • Moo, when I worked in Boston I used to get violent when a situation would arise that required me to drive in instead of taking the T. Especially if I had to go near Beacon Hill. It's like an underground city where someone has to personally draw you a map to get to where you are going.
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • Fallin, do you drive in Chicago???  Or just in the suburbs?
  • Even with good public transit, driving is often necessary to do what you want to do.  This may not be true only in NYC, but I couldn't live there for other reasons. Tell us about the guy.
  • ditto  that fallin. I would love to have a city where I could take public trasport more. But I am not sure I would feel comfortable with that being my only option.
  • I would pitch a fit if I had to change my PCP or my GYN. I'm quite attached and they know my issues. I normally love Halloween but I am DREADING going out tommorow night. We do the costume contest at Micky D's every year for the kiddo's and I just don't want to deal with other people's brats right now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, Boston is a clusterfucck to drive in. It'd be no problem getting there, it's just getting home after the T stops running at 12:30.

• I just typed protext for protects on gchat with buddha. i have never been so ashamed.By the way, we are talking about you.
  • Fallin, do you drive in Chicago??? Or just in the suburbs?I drive in both.  I do not enjoy driving in the city at all, but I can do it.
  • Confession: My mom was texting me the other day, and all casually mentions that she's taking a ten day vacation to disney with her friend and friend's kids in December.The last time my mom spent even close to ten days with me was when I was 12 years old on our one family vacation to the US. And for the record, that was 6 days. The confession part is that I am super pissed and offended about this, and it makes me feel silly, because I am 25 years old-- I shouldn't be all jealous that my mom is hanging out with kids other than me. GAH, it hurts my feelers though.
  • is a psychologist also familiar with your issues?
  • Driving in both Chicago and NYC is pretty easy actually, thanks to the grid.  Chicago is do-able without a car, but much more enjoyable with one.  Living in Manhattan, I usually didn't miss having a car since everything offers delivery and pretty much everything you need is within a 10 block radius no matter where you are.  But now that we're in NJ and have a car again, I love it. I've only been to Boston once and it was as a passenger not a driver, but that city seems like a huge clusterf**k.I couldn't live in any of the west coast cities without a car.
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards