Washington-Seattle

Hey Mr. DJ!

So it's been a long rough week, and wedding planning has been weighing on me heavily. Honestly, it hasn't been much fun lately and I've been procrastinating.We met with our DJ, Chris Graves last night to start finalizing our big day. Until this point I had only talked to him on the phone and email, but I already liked him a ton. It was the best vendor meeting we have had. He got me excited again about our big day. We really truly had fun. He was funny, creative, and full of personality. He is so passionate about what he does it was infectious. I really needed some inspiration and he totally provided it. *sigh of relief*I'm feeling great today and ready to tackle more wedding stuff!Thank you Mr. DJ!!

Re: Hey Mr. DJ!

• edited December 2011
    Aw, that is good. I'm glad you are exciting again. I am at the point where I want it to be over and it's still 9 months out. yikes.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    Kudos to you!  Good to hear your meeting went well.  Hang in there.  I am also at the 3 month mark for the big day and I can definatley feel the crunch which I'm sure you are too.  Congrats again on a good meeting with the DJ!
  • edited December 2011
    What has lately been helping me is that I have NOTHING to do over the Holidays concerning wedding stuff. I still need a DJ, and that'll be the only thing. And we know who we want. So, I just get to cruise through and wait till Jan! Then it'll probably hit  me like a ton of bricks!I'm glad this helped you! Some times I think planning this far out can put you through a roller coaster effect. I mean, I'm glad I have to time to plan, but if I could do it all back to back, and not have any lag months where I actually have to sit back and second guess things, that would be very nice too!Sorry so long! Welcome back to the planning game! :)
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! Glad to hear it went well. That means I get to meet with him soon. Did he contact you to set up an appointment? Just wondering if I should shoot him an email.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • edited December 2011
    karebear - I contacted him, but I may have been a little early. You are at about 4 mo right? You may want to set something up with him soon. He recommends starting the process at about 3 months because at that point you have some details about the actual day, the timing etc. If you don't have it already, ask him for your password to his site. You can start filling in your wedding details, start picking music, etc. I had already started and it was really helpful when we met last night. HTH.You will love him. He's fantastic! =)
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome! Thanks I will shoot him an email to set something up. I am just under 4 months now. I wrote on my check list to meet with DJ at the four month mark too. I am pretty sure Chris told me to do that because he likes to meet with the couple around that point. I already have the password to my site, so I feel pretty good about that. We have a lot of stuff picked. I am a little worried about my preceremony idea for music. I will run it by Chris and see what he thinks.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
  • edited December 2011
    Yay on a check! I can relate to the lack of desire to deal with wedding planning. I'm in a bit of a funk myself right now.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Tygirl - It is hard when you hit that wall. I think for me it's because I'm down to the nitty gritty details and I'm just not into doing the small stuff. Not to mention I'm in the middle of trying to find a home to rent which was an unexpected thing. Moving so close to the wedding date was NOT planned! Hopefully you too will find something that inspires you to get out of your funk. I'm sure you will.Hopefully my inspiration lasts! =)
  • edited December 2011
    I went through my funk, luckely at about the six month mark. It is really hard working on all the detailed stuff right now with the holidays coming up. I have all the stuff i have to do for that and get all the details together for the wedding. Urgh. Luckily I am on a mission to see it through.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards