Attire & Accessories Forum

Dress is in, now what?

Hello, i ordered my dress months ago and now it is in.  I havent tried it on since it was purchased back in April and want to see it again but the shop told me if i want to try it on, then i need to take it home with me.  The warehouse wont put it back in the warehouse after i come in to try it on. So i figured i would take it to my mom's house but she is freaking out that something could happen to it (she got very stressed about it).  Do i take it to her house so i can try it on and leave it there for a few months or leave it in the warehouse and not try it on until my fittings?  I hate to wait that long plus i just want to see it again before i wait until 2 months before the wedding.  

Re: Dress is in, now what?

• Can't you take it home to your own place?I'd rather have it than take the chance that something could happen to it at the bridal shop / warehouse. Your mom's being kind of silly IMO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • I brought my dress home with me when I closed out the layaway.  Well, actually, my MOH took it home with her.  It's hanging in the back of a closet at her mother's house, zipped into its bag, and they're careful to keep the cats out of there.If your mom is panicking about it, is there someone else who you could trust to take good care of it?
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Where are you having the alterations done? Can they hold onto it? I know you don't have to go to your first fitting yet, but still. I just always worry that something will happen to it.
  • i think my mom is being a little silly too.  i would store it at my house but dont really have the space for it.  my first fitting wont be until March and i too worry about it at the warehouse.  If i want to try it on, which i do, then i will have to take it with me so i guess i will talk with my mom again.  Thanks for your input!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards