Wedding Etiquette Forum

Non-scary Halloween poll

1.  What are you giving out to trick-or-treaters this year?  2.  How many kids are you expecting to come by?3.  Favorite costume ever?4.  Dressing up dogs: cute or just wrong?5.  Age limit for trick-or-treaters?6.  Ever gotten vandalized on Halloween?  Ever done any vandalizing?7.  Weirdest thing you recieved trick-or-treating as a kid?
two years!
after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
Pregnancy Ticker
Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart

Re: Non-scary Halloween poll

• 1. What are you giving out to trick-or-treaters this year? Nada.2. How many kids are you expecting to come by? None.3. Favorite costume ever? This year's vampire, of course.4. Dressing up dogs: cute or just wrong? Wrong.5. Age limit for trick-or-treaters? Like, twelve.6. Ever gotten vandalized on Halloween? Ever done any vandalizing? Nope.7. Weirdest thing you recieved trick-or-treating as a kid? Toothbrushes.
  • 1. What are you giving out to trick-or-treaters this year?  Tootsie Pops and Smarties but only 1 person came to our house.  lol.2. How many kids are you expecting to come by?  LOTS, but only 1 person came3. Favorite costume ever?  I was a cigar once.  It was awesome4. Dressing up dogs: cute or just wrong?  CUTE5. Age limit for trick-or-treaters?  136. Ever gotten vandalized on Halloween? Ever done any vandalizing?  NO and NO7. Weirdest thing you recieved trick-or-treating as a kid?  Lady down the street would give us 2 pennies every year.
  • 1.  We have Snickers, Milky Ways, Kit Kats and 3 Musketeers.  Fun size, not the tiny miniature ones. 2.  Not sure, but I know we'll have a lot because there's tons of kids in our neighborhood. 3.  FI and I went as "Business Time" from Flight of the Conchords two years ago.  It was fun. 4.  I'm on the fence. 5.  If you're old enough to have your own kid, you shouldn't be trick or treating. 6.  Yes, and no. 7.  A bologna sandwich.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • . What are you giving out to trick-or-treaters this year? Kits-Kats mixed with other chocolates. 2. How many kids are you expecting to come by?I have no clue. 3. Favorite costume ever? Last years vampire costume! 4. Dressing up dogs: cute or just wrong? Love it. 5. Age limit for trick-or-treaters? There is an age limit. I better stop then! No really, 14-ish. 6. Ever gotten vandalized on Halloween? Ever done any vandalizing? No and no. 7. Weirdest thing you recieved trick-or-treating as a kid? Toothbursh. I'd think it is cool now though.
  • OKAY the sandwich and the pennies have me crying!
  • 1. we're not going to be home...but i'm expecting no more than the 3 kids we got last year. I'm leaving a basket with full-sized packages of Reese's PB Cups and a note on the door. 2. Around 3. 3. All my costumes when I was younger were awesome. My mom home-made all of them. 4. I wouldn't do it, I don't judge those who do. 5. 12 6. Yes...I had a bit of a rep of being spoiled when I was in HS - for the 2 years we lived in a new town. I wasn't spoiled, I'm still not spoiled. But...my mom had a brand new (1998) Rav4, and she let me drive it all.the.time, because I had 3 jobs and she got sick of driving me around. All the mean kids thought it was mine, and egged and tomatoed it one hallowe'en. It took FOREVER to clean. 7. There's a house on 9th st, lol, that you don't get a treat, you get a trick, they're always weird...weird gypsies live there.
  • 1. What are you giving out to trick-or-treaters this year? [b]My mama works at Nestle, so we give out full sized butterfingers, crunch and baby ruth[/b] 2. How many kids are you expecting to come by?[b]we didn't get many last year... maybe 30 or 40[/b] 3. Favorite costume ever?[b]I saw two little twin girls last year that went as "thing 1" and "thing 2" from Dr. Seuss. I almost snatched them right then and there![/b] 4. Dressing up dogs: cute or just wrong?[b]cute[/b] 5. Age limit for trick-or-treaters?[b]high school[/b] 6. Ever gotten vandalized on Halloween? Ever done any vandalizing?[b]not that I remember![/b] 7. Weirdest thing you recieved trick-or-treating as a kid? [b]popcorn balls[/b]
  • 1. Reese's cups and Twix are my two major candy then filler candy of tootsies roll mix and jolly ranch mix. 2. 30 kids3. Two girls dressed up as a Harry Potter's Patronous. They were sooo cute and even glowed. 4. Cute, just do not dress them up any other time of the year, please because they are dogs. 5. When they can start driving. But if they are taking the little bother or sis around I will still give them treats.6. Nope and nope.7. I cannot remember anything wired.
  • Honestly, imagining the look that would be on my face if someone gave me a sandwich for a trick-or-treat I'm dying.
  • 1. What are you giving out to trick-or-treaters this year? i would hand out pop or bottled water.  i loved getting drinks as a kid.  however, i am going to a party.2. How many kids are you expecting to come by? i would guess no more than 30.3. Favorite costume ever? that i went as?  a nudist on strike.4. Dressing up dogs: cute or just wrong? cute as long as they're not too hot or used to it.  my dog pants in the winter, so i couldn't do that to him.5. Age limit for trick-or-treaters? i went at 17.  but everyone was happy to see us because we were dressed up as bums.  and there aren't that many kids trick or treating these days.  at least not in my neck of the woods.6. Ever gotten vandalized on Halloween? Ever done any vandalizing? we toilet papered a church once.  not the actual church, just the tree out front.   7. Weirdest thing you recieved trick-or-treating as a kid? wagon wheels.  i fuucking hate them.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • 1. Probably nothing. I'm most likely not going to be home. 2. Maybe 20. 3. Mine. 4. Eh...I guess it's cute. 5. 30. 6. Never been vandalized, but yes I have done the vandalizing (toilet papering, egging) 7. The clap.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • 1. What are you giving out to trick-or-treaters this year? - Nada, won't be around2. How many kids are you expecting to come by? - Don't know, we were out of town last year, which was our first year in this house. Probably not many.3. Favorite costume ever? - Rainbow Brite when I was 4.4. Dressing up dogs: cute or just wrong? - I wouldn't do it. My mom dressed her dog up like Princess Leia this year. Cue eyerolling.5. Age limit for trick-or-treaters? Don't care.6. Ever gotten vandalized on Halloween? Ever done any vandalizing? Nope.7. Weirdest thing you recieved trick-or-treating as a kid? Don't know. The pennies?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • 1. What are you giving out to trick-or-treaters this year? We will be at T's sisters house giving out w/e she has 2. How many kids are you expecting to come by? At our house? none, just like last year. At Allisons? No Idea 3. Favorite costume ever? Audrey Hepburn 4. Dressing up dogs: cute or just wrong? Cute. Quincy doesn't mind 5. Age limit for trick-or-treaters? Eh, don't care 6. Ever gotten vandalized on Halloween? Ever done any vandalizing? No and no 7. Weirdest thing you recieved trick-or-treating as a kid? I've never gone :(
  • The Clap is def. a trick.
  • 1. What are you giving out to trick-or-treaters this year? snickers bars and packs of star burst2. How many kids are you expecting to come by?usually less than 100.  I live in a large building and you sign up if you want toters.  No one from the outside can come in to tot.3. Favorite costume ever?one M wore when she was 10 or so, a spotted cat4. Dressing up dogs: cute or just wrong?I've ever see it but I think it's weird5. Age limit for trick-or-treaters?12 or thereabout6. Ever gotten vandalized on Halloween? Ever done any vandalizing?no vandalizing here because it's a doorman building7. Weirdest thing you recieved trick-or-treating as a kid? don't remember
  • Ricks, in retrospect I kind of feel bad about the sandwich.  There was an old lady who lived alone on our block and she was clearly senile to some degree.  She hadn't remembered it was Halloween but insisted we wait outside while she made us each a sandwich.  My mom made me throw it away though.Also, when I was in sixth grade my mom thought it would be hilarious to give my friends stewed tomatoes and canned spinach on Halloween when we came around.  I never lived it down.  mandy, what are wagon wheels?
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1.  I have a 3 1/2 pound bag of Child's Play mix (Tootsie Rolls, Tootsie Pops, etc.). We have Beggar's Night tonight and that's when the trick-or-treater's come - it's a 2 hour time period. 2. Maybe 50? 3. Of mine? We went out when I was in high school (yeah, yeah) and I dressed up as Jason Vorhees from Friday the 13th Part II (the one where he was in overalls and had a sack over his head).  I loved it.   I also love dressing up as a witch or as sort of an Elvira-type character - but never in one of the mega-super short Playboy type costumes. 4. Umm.. my dog would say wrong, but I think they're cute! Maggie almost had a squirrel costume this year. 5. I think 13. 6. No and no. 7. I can't remember if I got a toothbrush or not. I can't think of anything; it's been over 25 years since I've been out ;)
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Strange but sweet treat M got one year.  Middle aged Frenchman had just moved in across the hall and was probably unaware of Trick or Treat.  M & her friends rang his bell and he invited them all in for cake.Cake was a very elaborate one that he was taking to a dinner party the following night.  He just got another one.Too cute!
  • 1. We got gummy shaped body parts, whoppers, twizzlers, now and laters, kit kats.... 2. Not sure. It's our first halloween here, so that's why we got candy that we also like...if no one comes, we get to eat it. 3. Hmm, I liked dressing up as Princess jasmine. 4. both, depends on if the dog is happy. 5. I don't like seeing kids show up at the door without a costume. I was still trick or treating as a senior in high school, and I still wore a costume! 6. Nope, neither. 7. brownies. We had to throw them out because they were "unsafe"
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • 1. Nothing, we won't be home and I doubt we would get any trick or treaters anyway.2. None.3. A friend of mine went as his own myspace page a few years ago, it was awesome.4. Cute!  FI wouldn't let me buy costumes for the cats though.5. 12?6. Nope.7. I always hated the boxed raisins.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards