Texas-Houston

Wholesale flowers

Does anyone know of a place? I want to browse around and see what is available. Also, has anyone done their own bouqets? I'm debating this.

Re: Wholesale flowers

• edited December 2011
    Sam's sells in bulk... Here is the link, sorry I don't know how to make it pop...       http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=1539
  • edited December 2011
    I had no idea they had flowers in bulk. Have you ever ordered any?
  • Zurita1123Zurita1123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    That looks simple enough for me to do. Zurita - What kind of flowers are you using? Where are you getting them at?
  • Zurita1123Zurita1123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've always used Fannin Flowers =) I will get them from there. For mine it will be Calla Lilies (white) and either Alstroemeria or Tulips (orange). For the girls orange CLs w/ white/ivory roses. mini CLs for the guys (orange).
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I did my bouquet for my bridals you can see in my siggy (so easy to do!). I loved how they turned out better than my wedding flowers that were professionally done. I purchased the flowers from Hubbel & Hudson in the Woodlands-across from Tinseltown. They have such a great selection of flowers, awesome quality & great prices. I purchased jumbo hydrangeas from them for my reception. I was going to go with Sam's, but Hubbel & Hudson came out cheaper and I knew what they would look like because I had seen them first hang. I was so happy with them!
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I've never ordered flowers in bulk from Sam's.  I looked into it because originally I was going to do all the arrangements and bouquets myself.
  • edited December 2011
    I have done wedding floral design on the side for a couple of years and on November 30th I am signing to buy a couple of flower shops here in town!!  So, all of that to say, I'm in the business. A couple of things... if you want ELABORATE or BIG bouquets, it's not as easy as you'd think it would be.  It's a little overwhelming if you try to do a lot. I am not going to do my own flowers for my OWN wedding... that's the plan for now anyways ;) The Fannin place... don't get your flowers from there, those are leftovers from the wholesale that are either old or damaged.  They are never freshThe truly wholesale places you can't go into if you don't have the ag license or aren't a student with a card from a floral design school. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I bought bulk from flowers done Texas style in Conroe. They were great. They do arrangements but also allow you to buy wholesale. They were great to work with.
    DX PCOS 11/10 - Failed Adoption 9/11 - LEEP 12/11 - Starting Clomid 4/1/12

Photobucket

I did it. I started a blog.

PAIF/SAIF Welcome

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards