North Carolina

Our honeymoon is cancelled

We were supposed to leave tomorrow morning for Hawaii, but I got sick sometime in the middle of the week with flu-like symptoms. We went back and forth with trying to decide if I should just try to suck it up and go, but with the way I am feeling, there's no way I want to get on a plane for such a long @$$ flight, and then have to stay away from my new husband for the whole trip, and not enjoy myself. We are trying to decide when to reschedule. I am beyond crushed. We'd been looking forward to this trip for 6 months. :(

Re: Our honeymoon is cancelled

• NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    aw! Im so sorry! I hope you guys can reschedule soon and spend some time away from the everyday tasks and get to enjoy being away :) Hope you feel better soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • allie76allie76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, Katherine, I'm so sorry =(
    TTC since Sept 2009 with PCOS. 3 failed Clomid cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 failed injectable + TI cycle. Surprise BFP on 1/22/12 while waiting to start IVF! EDD 9/30/12.
    Missed m/c discovered 2/20/12 (8w1d). D&C 2/23/12
    Photobucket [img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg[/img]

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Oh no Katherine, I am so sorry to hear that!  I hope that you feel better soon and you are able to make time again in the near future to get away.  Did you have trip insurance?? I am hoping so! I can't say that I blame you for cancelling it with the way you are feeling.  What good is a honeymoon if you don't feel well and can't smooch the new hubby!?  Get well soon!!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That's awful!  I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this!  I know you're disappointed, but focus on getting better and plan for a time when you can really enjoy it!
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh noooo! :( I'm soo sorry you're feeling so bad and you had to cancel it! Can you have a nice romantic date/evening in NC this week? Go somewhere and splurge on yourselves and relax!!
  • alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that stinks! I'm so sorry to hear that. i hope you can reschedule everything!
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! I'm so sorry that is terrible! All I can say is rest + fluids, and hopefully you'll be able to reschedule for sometime soon!
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry Katherine. I hate that for you guys. I do hope you are able to reschedule soon... did you by chance have trip insurance?
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    wow that is terrible.  i hope you get to feeling better soon and can reschedule quickly.
  • edited December 2011
    why can't you just reschedule in another couple of weeks. it'll all work out.
  • momofaydenmomofayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the flu last week and it was horrible.  I was better within 3 days though and still went on my girls trip that weekend event hough I didn't feel 100%.  Peronally I would go.  Take some meds, airborne and extra vitamins and go.  You have no idea what may come along and prevent you from going in the future.  You will get better on the trip. You can be sick and sit on the beach all day :)
  • elisab81elisab81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boo!!Hiss!!! being sick is sucky.  I'm so sorry that you have to post-pone, but think of it this way....its just post-poning NOT cancelling and maybe you guys will have even more money to spend if you have to wait a little bit :)  Good luck and FEEL BETTER!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry Katherine!  I know you were really looking forward to this.,  I'm crossing my fingers you guys can get everything rebooked!
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • edited December 2011
    Awww honey that sucks!! I hope you can get it rescheduled quickly!
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, update, DH called up EVERYONE (took him an hour on the phone) and rebooked everything for next weekend. All the changes wound up costing us $700, which sucks (lesson learned, GET TRIP INSURANCE), but it's better than not being able to go at all. Momofayden, I thought about sucking it up and going, but the thought of being on a plane for 11 hours with all the aches, chills, and coughing, I just dont think i could have done it. I'd rather be better, and yeah, so I can actually get within 6 feet of my DH ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Glad you got it worked out Katherine! DH to the rescue :)
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • JemmessicaJemmessica member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that really sucks, but it's for the best! you'll enjoy it so much more when you can actually be close to the hubs!
  • allie76allie76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad that everything was rescheduled! I think you made the right decision in that---who wants to be sick on their hm?
    TTC since Sept 2009 with PCOS. 3 failed Clomid cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 failed injectable + TI cycle. Surprise BFP on 1/22/12 while waiting to start IVF! EDD 9/30/12.
    Missed m/c discovered 2/20/12 (8w1d). D&C 2/23/12
    Photobucket [img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg[/img]

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad you are able to work something out!  Youa re going to have a great time!
  • wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you had to reschedule. Next weekend will be here before you know it though! I think you made the right decision.
  • edited December 2011
    make sure to have him take lots of airborne and vitamin C this week!
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • momofaydenmomofayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am glad you were able to rebook it!  I hope you have a wonderful time.
  • edited December 2011
    Aww it sucks that you had to postpone.  But I'm really glad your DH could get it all worked out.  I think the extra cost is worth not feeling like complete sh*t on your honeymoon.  Get lots of rest and drink lots of fluid!
  • edited December 2011
    Glad you were able to get in rescheduled. Enjoy your HM now, it was worth waiting. And give us a review on how it goes!!
  • edited December 2011
    Katherine - I am SO sorry! I hope you are feeling better, and I am really glad that everything was able to get rescheduled. It's probably better, because you never know what would have happened at the airport with as crazy as people are about the flu. You might have gotten there, and they might have very well refused to let you board with horrible flu-like symptoms. That would have REALLY sucked!BUT...you'll have such a better time feeling healthy - so enjoy next week! :)
  • NCSLP2009NCSLP2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate that for you.  I had flu-like symptoms for three days before the wedding (fever of 104, aches, chills, etc).  The first day of my honeymoon, I vegged out and slept for 12 straight hours.  So I can really sympathize with you there.  I lost my voice during the vows.I'm pretty sure my stateroom steward (Juan) thought that I was going to die.  He brought me some tylenol! :-)At least you have a trip to look forward to later on though (take the time to feel better and plan another!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards